Two ships on GSC at one time?

sasisu

Has anyone heard of two NCL ships going to Great Stirrup Cay on the same day? I just checked the Cruise Ship Calendar for my cruise and it shows the Dawn and Majesty being there at the same time. Guess it's going to be QUITE crowded. :eek:

Has anyone heard of two NCL ships going to Great Stirrup Cay on the same day? I just checked the Cruise Ship Calendar for my cruise and it shows the Dawn and Majesty being there at the same time. Guess it's going to be QUITE crowded. :eek:

Years ago I was there on the Dreamward (now the Dream) when the Norway was there as well. Way to crowded. Should be about the same number if the Dawn and Majesty are at GSC together.

I have to check the itineraries for my 2/12 Dawn cruise. I know the Dawn is only there untill around 1 pm.

Hi Shoreguy,

According to the Cruise Ship Calendar, on the 4/26/06 cruise, Dawn is at GSC from 7am to 2pm and Majesty is there from 7am to 3pm on the same day. Do you think NCL may change this before then?

Hi Shoreguy,

According to the Cruise Ship Calendar, on the 4/26/06 cruise, Dawn is at GSC from 7am to 2pm and Majesty is there from 7am to 3pm on the same day. Do you think NCL may change this before then?

Checked the Itineraries. . The Majesty does not depart untill the 22nd on a 15 day repo cruise to Boston. GSC is day 12 in May it is a Thu :rolleyes:

Enjoy the company

Sat. Charleston, South Carolina - - 6:00pm

Sun. At sea - - - -

Mon. At sea - - - -

Tue. San Juan, Puerto Rico 11:00am 10:00pm

Wed. St. Thomas, Us Virgin Islands 7:00am 5:00pm

Thu. Basseterre, St. Kitts 7:00am 3:00pm

Fri. Barbados, Barbados 10:00am 6:00pm

Sat. At sea - - - -

Sun. Oranjestad, Aruba 7:00am 7:00pm

Mon. Willemstad, Curacao 7:00am 4:00pm

Tue. At sea - - - -

Wed. At sea - - - -

Thu. Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 7:00am 3:00pm

Fri. At sea - - - -

Sat. At sea - - - -

Sun. Boston, Massachusetts 8:00am*

Here is why I don't think it will change. When I ended up there with the Norway it was a repo on the Dreamward. The Majesty normally does not stop at GSC and could not stop without the Dawn. They will depend on the Dawn to carry everything needed to set up on the island. It takes boat loads of food and supplies to get everything ashore.

Does the Majesty carry a lot of passengers? Are repo cruises usually sold out? Should I expect a lot of passengers? Do you know if anything special happens on the ship while docked at GSC? That was my favorite stop last year, but I thing it is going to be a bit too crowded next time.

• 4 months later...

Sorry...a repositioning cruise. Our cruise in April brought the Majesty up from Charleston to start the trips from Boston to Bermuda for the Summer. Sometime in October it will reposition back to Charleston for the winter. Not only do these cruises tend to be inexpensive...they are usually longer than your average cruise.

IMO, GSC was way too crowded with just the Dawn on the Island. We got an early tender and had 'prime' beach location and it was still awful. Next time we'll just stay on the ship .... It should be empty ... and relaxing ... :)

yikes, it was almost unbearable with just the Dawn. With 2 ships, I would probably skip it and enjoy the peace on board.

But otherwise, try and be on the first tender; head to the right to the beach that the map shows as a boating area - much smaller and less crowded, though slightly rocky (but no problem swimming there). Then head back to the ship for a nice quiet lunch at the Bimini, overlooking the hordes on the island!

The Majesty normally does not stop at GSC and could not stop without the Dawn. They will depend on the Dawn to carry everything needed to set up on the island. It takes boat loads of food and supplies to get everything ashore.

I went to GSC on the Majesty when she used to sail 3nt Bahamas cruises from Miami. There wasn't any other ship that had to occupany her...

I went to GSC on the Majesty when she used to sail 3nt Bahamas cruises from Miami. There wasn't any other ship that had to occupany her...

But then she was there every week and the staff and ship were set up for regular visits.

Archived