Do or Don't You? Taxi Line Helper

Catalina56

Hi,

While waiting on the taxi line at FLL airport, how much do you tip the man who hails you a cab. Many times the cabs are already there. If you have three bags and he puts them in the trunk of the cab instead of the taxi driver; how much would you tip him? Usually the cab driver would do this for you and he would be tipped accordingly at your hotel, etc.

Thanks for your help.

Catalina56

Hi,

While waiting on the taxi line at FLL airport, how much do you tip the man who hails you a cab. $1 Many times the cabs are already there. If you have three bags and he puts them in the trunk of the cab instead of the taxi driver; how much would you tip him? $5 Usually the cab driver would do this for you and he would be tipped accordingly at your hotel, etc.

Thanks for your help.

Catalina56

Just what I would do - obviously others will feel differently.

The taxi drivers at FLL airport do not usually get out of the taxi to load the luggage. All the times we have taken a taxi from there (many), the man who organizes all the taxis loads our luggage. DH always tips him but I don't know how much. I would guess it would be about $5 depending how heavy/how many bags we have.

Archived