Formal nights and first day???

lrowe70

We're going on Splendor in January which will be our first cruise on a large ship. We've been on both Starclippers and Windstar previously. Anyway I'm confused about formal night dress codes and first day activities.

1) Which nights are formal? Our son will be with us, what is the dress code for children? Do they provide highchairs in the main dining room?

2) What happens the very first day besides boarding, finding rooms, etc... Is there a special bon voyage party or welcome dinner or anything?

We were thinking of doing the steakhouse the first night, but don't want to miss out on special 1st night activities.

No special activities I can remember. yes they do have high chairs in the MDR, just ask if you need one or a booster seat.

Im not sure when elegant nights are (no formal nights on Carnival), usually the evening of the first sea day is the first one. You cant weat jeans or shorts or tee shirts for elegant night, but anything else goes from a sun dress to a formal, whatever you want to wear. The dress code doesnt change according to age.

Elegant nights will be on Mon & Friday-- you can go as Formal as you like for photos or just wear something you'd wear to a house of worship on special occassions. Men can go with or without ties, with or without jackets.

There is a special "welcome aboard" show in the evening, some cruises have an early/late show. others just have one around 10 PM which introduces the CD & Entertainment staff.

We're going on Splendor in January which will be our first cruise on a large ship. We've been on both Starclippers and Windstar previously. Anyway I'm confused about formal night dress codes and first day activities.

1) Which nights are formal? Our son will be with us, what is the dress code for children? Do they provide highchairs in the main dining room?

2) What happens the very first day besides boarding, finding rooms, etc... Is there a special bon voyage party or welcome dinner or anything?

We were thinking of doing the steakhouse the first night, but don't want to miss out on special 1st night activities.

High chairs are the kind that push to the table- not the kind with a tray. (and much is in the reaching distance of little hands. (arggh)

Camp is not opened the first day- (its for ages 2 and up) is someone else going with you so you can enjoy the steak house?

special first day activities? Safety briefing. and there is a welcome onboard show at 10:30.

Other then that-- nothing really special.

You get onboard- you eat lunch, check out the ship check out your room. Unpack. Safetybriefing/ getting ready for dinner. (its almost 8pm now.)

Thanks for the replies I appreciate it.

We have family coming along to watch our son so my husband and I can enjoy a dinner in the steakhouse.

Glad to hear it's not too formal, my son is easy, it's getting my husband to dress up that is a chore!

Your Elegant night will be the evening of the first full day of your cruise. The dress code for the younger set is rather the same as for adults. Yes, high chairs are available in the MDR.

There is plenty of fun for sail away but not a specific party... just fun all over the ship! You're safe with dinner at the steakhouse on that night. Dress code rules are a bit less enforced on that evening as some people may not have received their luggage yet. There's really little special on the menu that night, either, so you really won't miss out on much.

:)

Archived