NCL Sky MDR Lobster Question

Cruise-Crazy

I know that they had small lobster tails with grouper last year. I think is was the same night as dress up or not night. It was a small rock lobster tail, previously frozen and therefore not that great.

I think your being quite polite by saying it wasn't that great but i will say it was and has been absolutely the worse ever, always over cooked and using the word small is also being too generous to NCL, I will say microscopic small.

I wouldn't even feed this to my cat.

20 plus cruises with NCL and this has always been the one and only food item that is a disgrace and can't believe they even serve this.

...and it is served on the first night (Monday). Since doing my research on CC ahead of time, I knew the lobster would not be of the Maine variety and tended to be small, so I ordered the regular Lobster/Red Snapper offering and just asked for a second 'tail.

The lobster tails were medium sized, considering they were not the Maine type, but more of a RL eatery rock lobster type. The flavor was good, the texture was fairly tough, common with overcooking :p And the included fish (sometimes it's grouper instead), was pretty darned tasty.

Given my 'druthers I would have ordered 2 fish fillets and maybe 1 tail instead...

BahamasNCLSkyLobsterNightMDRShellsremovedbyexcllentwaitstaffConnie-doubleordertails-1.jpg

2 tails on the right, our excellent senior waiter, Connie, removed the shells upon serving, then asked if we'd like melted butter poured over them :D

Archived