So my shoes fit buttt

worktocruise08

Definitely ask your doctor and be honest about the amount of booze you plan on drinking. My doc suggests a diueretic and elevation of the feet which is hard to do on a cruise. We talked about other options and came up with compression socks when traveling to the cruise (especially if by air) and ACE bandages, as if I had a sprained ankle, when I am in my room. ACE and compression socks work well. If you check out EBay you can find compression socks that look like regular socks.

There is also salt in the water they serve on board. since I started carrying on water, I don't have that problem.

I agree although there are people on here that disagree.

If I avoid the water on the ship, I have no swelling. Took me a couple of cruises to figure it out.

I usually take my water with me. One time son forgot to load it, second time I didn't want to hassle with it. Both times I came off with swollen ankles.

I have made sure to take it ever since and no more swelling.

I have the best fixer upper .. make a small investment in .....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUkrMPl4QOcEOz_a_2uycj96lCFN6BWk5rNpC96UYtAKZtbWw3CQ

They run about about $10 or so. Best thing I packed for our cruise. Shoes get tight, feet get tired .. just take them out and slip them on.:D

Awesome. thank you for posting these.

I agree although there are people on here that disagree.

If I avoid the water on the ship, I have no swelling. Took me a couple of cruises to figure it out.

I usually take my water with me. One time son forgot to load it, second time I didn't want to hassle with it. Both times I came off with swollen ankles.

I have made sure to take it ever since and no more swelling.

Yes, many water treatment systems utilize added sodium in the process (hard to know if this is so on a specific ship ). Since I've switched to bottled water, no swollen feet or ankles.

There is also salt in the water they serve on board. since I started carrying on water, I don't have that problem.

Same here and my sisters too. My one sister stuck to a very strict diet and drank no alcohol at all. She and I were still swelling up but both drinking a lot of water. Switched to bottled water and by the next day we both felt so much better.

I know it doesn't bother everyone but it's worth trying it.

I know a lot of people think that is a bunch of malarky and I don't want to turn this into a discussion on the merits of ship's water. IF you have trouble with swelling just TRY the bottled water and see if it helps.

well drinking will not be an option for me as thats really the only time i let loose since after all its vacation. i work more then anythng so this is where i let the good times roll so im not sure on the pills. i will try doing vit C as well and i have to say im not a good water drinker while on board so I will have to be better on that and see if it works........

i will take some flats with me this time around but i am a flip flop nut so i will have to pack some that match the skirts i have in case.

as for the title of the tread. have never seen shoes on butts before:D

thanks a mill for the suggestions... this is the only thing i hate when im cruising fat ankles...... female here too....

Since my first cruise, I've learned that if I maintain a good intake of water, the swelling is not as bad. Every chance I get, I down a full glass of water. It's what I drink with every meal. I also carry an insulated cup in my luggage so that I can have ice water beside me at the pool.

It seems to flush all the excess sodium out of my system and, honest to goodness, my feet have not swollen at all on the rest of my cruises.

I am going to be wearing comfy sandals and black flats like what was posted earlier. I love comfy footwear, I could wear diamonds and slippers ahhlllll night long!

please do wear your diamonds on formal night...because that will make ME comfortable eating in the MDR with you ...but seriously...

please no slippers....how can you even think of wearing them? On a formal night? Geez..please no don't do it....it will make every single other person in the MDR very uncomfortable if you are not dressed to the nines and wearing very high sparkly formal shoes!

I am not kidding..if you are not dressed to perfection in the MDR..it will cause me great distress!!!

What has this world come to? Sandals and diamonds...a real disgrace!!! LOL

The water onboard has been filtered, but there is still the "tolerable" level that remains behind.

Drink tons of bottled water and decrease the obviously salty snacks.

Some people may have an underlying heart or kidney problem and should talk to a doctor before trying to treat themselves.

mimi

I, too, get swollen feet and ankles on a cruise. I take a diuretic daily as part of my hypertension meds. On a cruise, my feet "grow" at least one size and my ankles become huge.

Drinking alcohol and having food with salt makes them worse. I also drink bottled water on the ship, but not as much of it as I do at home. I have come to realize that this is going to be a way of life for me when I cruise.

My solutions to my problem are to wear long pants at night (problem is worse by dinnertime than in the morning) and I have "cruise shoes." These are regular shoes but a full size larger than I wear at home. These work for me and even with my fat feet and cankles, I have a great time!

Archived