Organizing Cruise Critic Meeting

misguy

How do you setup a Cruise Critic meeting onboard the ship. I see from some of the reviews that some of the ship's staff may attend, so obviously there must be a proper way to get one organized.

Thanks

Ken

Till we sail on the Norwegian Spirit \Leo

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;5;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I thought of the same issue prior to our trip on the Star in February. After contacting NCL customer service and my TA, I found that most of the NCL ships have their CC meetings on Monday nights - no pre-planning needed. To confirm this, go to the NCL Roll-Call board and list your sailing (by ship and date)to find out who else is going, and talk amongst yourselves to confirm the meeting.

From what I've read, NCL's shore based customer service is somewhat....lacking. But the ship staff and crew are top-notch - without any formal planning, we had the Cruise Director and three members of the staff attend our meeting.

Have fun!!

BAMnJAM

Carnival Imagingation '96

RCC Majesty '98

Sun Princess '00

NCL Star '04

Proud member (x2) of the PPS - yeah!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>From what I've read, NCL's shore based customer service is somewhat....lacking. But the ship staff and crew are top-notch - without any formal planning, we had the Cruise Director and three members of the staff attend our meeting.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lacking? if it lacked anymore you would think these landbased employees thought they were working for someone other than the cruise industry...they sure do need some training over there.

but...still doesn't put a stigma on my strong allegiance to NCL!

NCL forever!

diver_floating_md_clr.gif

WE ARE...PENN STATE! Biology '94

http://photos.yahoo.com/zonehph2002

click on NORWEGIAN WIND 20040327 (03/27/2004 sailing)

Hey you Nittany Lions....

The golden rule in Customer Service: The customer is always right!!

NCL's golden rule in Customer Service: The customer is...by the way, who is the customer???

'nuf said...

Go Orangemen!! icon_biggrin.gif

BAMnJAM

RCC Majesty '98

Sun Princess '00

NCL Star '04

Cruisin's not just an adventure, it's an Attitude!!

How do you know where it will be. We have a roll call, and it looks like there are about 16 of us on the ship, but all of us are new to NCL I think.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;5;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

The Star CC meetings are held in the Bier Garten up by the pool deck. Now I can't say the Leo will have it in the same place. I would suggest you check the Roll-Call threads for other Leo sailings and see where/when they are meeting - and yours will be in the same place/time.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance, but if I were in your shoes, that is what I would do.... icon_frown.gif

BAMnJAM

RCC Majesty '98

Sun Princess '00

NCL Star '04

Cruisin's not just an adventure, it's an Attitude!!

Hey Ken,

Things vary from ship to ship whether the staff is involved in the meeting or not. With the Spirit being new, they may not have an established pattern for these gatherings. What we did was to just make our own plans for a gathering within our roll call banter. I have read (and experienced) that it is a good idea to plan 2 meetings, in case one fails for some reason. In our case, our "private" meeting spot turned out to be the crew's new spot to set up the poolside barbeque buffet, and the place was packed...no way to tell which were cruise critics. Luckily we had made a log of cabin numbers and one of the members was able to contact the others for dinner plans later in the week. Also, we had arranged a few shore excursions together and got to know some great folks as a result!

e-mail: zimjb@comcast.net

Since this is a new ship, and we are on the first sailing in the US, would there be a way to contact someone on the staff ahead of time to see if we could get it arranged.

From some of the other threads, it seems that meeting some of the staff at a Cruise Critic meeting can have some positive effects for the rest of the cruise.

Also, if we can get it started, then we can let the groups that follow us know what, where, and when.

Thanks

I set up a meeting for our 4/18/04 Dawn cruise through Yonaiky Trujillo, a rep in NCL's Passenger Courtesy Department. She was most helpful in reserving a room off the Spinnaker lounge, for a meeting immediately following the Sail Away celebration from NYC, approx 5 PM.

You may contact her by email at "Ytrujillo@ncl.com", or by phone at 1-800-625-1159.

Sorry to conflict with the bashers, but she set this up on her own, and then confirmed it with me. She was also willing to talk about alternatives, but this arrangement was just what I was looking for.

Tom/Connecticut

FYI: NCL has no affiliation with Cruise Critic. They don't organize any official meetings. Some NCL ships have meetings that have evolved into a steady thing with NCL personnel showing up but there are no scheduled official Cruise Critic meetings on any NCL ship. But as others have said, they've contacted NCL ahead of time and been able to set something up on their own. Good luck!

Cecilia

I can be contacted at *****@aol.com

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;10;02;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

My Wedding!

I contacted Yonaiky Trujillo, and she was quite helpful. She is not the coordinator for this ship, but she gave me the correct contact.

She also said that if we would provide the expected attendance and when we would like to meet, they would coordinate space and invite the Captain and officers.

I emailed her late last night, and I had a reply this morning. With all of the unhappiness with NCL's shore based organization, I was quite pleased with her responsiveness.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by misguy:

I emailed her late last night, and I had a reply this morning. With all of the unhappiness with NCL's shore based organization, I was quite pleased with her responsiveness.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That's great. Make sure to give us a report when you return since this is a new ship and itinerary. It may help future cruisers if you mention something onboard to any of the officers that show up.

Cecilia

I can be contacted at *****@aol.com

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;10;02;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

My Wedding!

Archived