Thoughts on Chef's Table - Allure of the Seas

I'll post a full review of my recent cruise when time allows. We dined at The Chef's Table last Friday night while on Allure. For the price they charge it was disappointing. The soup & salad were very good. The scallop appetizer was dry and lacked flavor. The veal entree was OK. The dessert was amazing. All the wines paired with the meal were excellent. Overall it was a 4 on a scale of 1 to 10.

We had a Crown Loft Suite and were not charged for the meal. I would have been very disappointed if we had paid for it.

Thought I'd share for anyone considering it soon.

We went to the Chef's Table in July on the Allure (and paid for it) and it was wonderful. Each dish was excellent - I don't drink wine but my husband enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the soup and salad so kind of surprised those 2 items were your least favorite.

Marianne

well ,for us , we felt about the same in regards to 150 central park:(

perhaps we have an uncultured palate:rolleyes: ,but i felt the artsy fartsy food was less than delicious

one or two things were good , but all in all for the money...count us out:o

we will remain chops fans , and giovanni's table too:D

dave

I'll post a full review of my recent cruise when time allows. We dined at The Chef's Table last Friday night while on Allure. For the price they charge it was disappointing. The soup & salad were very good. The scallop appetizer was dry and lacked flavor. The veal entree was OK. The dessert was amazing. All the wines paired with the meal were excellent. Overall it was a 4 on a scale of 1 to 10.

We had a Crown Loft Suite and were not charged for the meal. I would have been very disappointed if we had paid for it.

Thought I'd share for anyone considering it soon.

Our experience was excellent at Chef's Table. Guess it could have been your specific night.

Did you tell the Chel when he came out after each course? We asked questions and commented on each course.

• 3 years later...
well, for us, we felt about the same in regards to 150 central park:( perhaps we have an uncultured palate:rolleyes: ,but i felt the artsy fartsy food was less than delicious. one or two things were good , but all in all for the money...count us out...

I felt the same way about 150 and for that reason, I have stayed away from Chef's Table. However, I'm a basic food type person and not a "foodie" like the rest of the people in my group. They LOVED 150 and want to do the Chef's Table in the future. For me, it would be a waste of money.

did they comp it due to the complaints? or due to the loft?

Do all suite passengers get it for free? Was the wine also complimentary?

My understanding is, it costs less if you do not want it with the wine pairing

I have not heard that they comp it for suite guests

Edited by LilBlackDress

We did the Allure Chefs table last year. I was feeling ill that night and could not do anything but taste each dish and then push the plate away. I still had a wonderful time listening to the chef talk about the dishes and tasting the wine parings and food. The 3 other people in my party enjoyed it also. This event gets top grades in my book.

My understanding is, it costs less if you do not want it with the wine pairing

I actually just checked with the dining dept about this several days ago, as I am not a wine drinker, and they told me the price is the same ($95/pp on Allure) whether you do the wine pairings or not. [emoji17]

I'll ask about it again when I'm on board in November to see what they have to say then, but I'm sure by then it will be all booked up anyway.

Edited by pharaoh