Nanny 911 Family Taking Carnival Cruise

beckers

Did anyone see Nanny 911 last night. At the end of the show the family got a cruise and the ship looked like a Carnival cruise ship. With my luck these people would be my tablemates :eek:

I am the only one that thinks that all these Nanny shows would end before the first commercial break if those wimpy parents on the show would just apply some good old fashioned discipline on their little darlings? What a sad statement on American parenting when they need to call a “Professional” into thier homes to deal with the problem kids which they themselves created through premissive parenting.

I am the only one that thinks that all these Nanny shows would end before the first commercial break if those wimpy parents on the show would just apply some good old fashioned discipline on their little darlings? What a sad statement on American parenting when they need to call a “Professional” into thier homes to deal with the problem kids which they themselves created through premissive parenting.

*Applause*

I am the only one that thinks that all these Nanny shows would end before the first commercial break if those wimpy parents on the show would just apply some good old fashioned discipline on their little darlings?

No you're not.

I'm in agreeance there. My boys (15 year old and 10 year old twins) watched the show with me and when they saw the things those children were doing, their jaws dropped and they looked at me with that knowing look. One of the twins said, "we know what would happen to us if we did that". I can't believe parents would allow their children to get anywhere near that point. If they are on my cruise, I certainly hope they bring Nanny with them.

:eek: As soon as my 12 year old daughter and I finished watching that show, I told her that would be just my luck - my first cruise, and first vacation for DH and I alone EVER - and we would end up with these kids onboard! I feel deeply for those who honestly do end up on a cruise with them - hopefully Nanny taught them a few things.

My kids have also watched and can't stand the kids on those shows.

This is one reason my kids don't want to cruise on a school holiday.

They don't want to be around brats.

Just remember there are some good kids in the world where their parents actually do their job.

CCL needs to hire a few for Camp Carnival to keep the little gutter snipes in line.

Why don't you apply Tef ;)

actually, the family last night on "Super Nanny" was from England...I don't know that it's an exclusively "American" parenting problem. I think it's more of a generational thing, and even that's too much of a generalization because I'm a "30-something, modern parent" with young kids (5 and 2) and I consider my parenting to be more "old fashioned" than "new age". and yes, sometimes DH and I just sit there with our mouths gaping open and wonder how the parents let the situation get "this far". And I don't get how the families deserve a vacation for just doing what they SHOULD have been doing all along. Although in all fairness, I do think that occasionally they do offer some sound parenting advice/techniques.

My kids have also watched and can't stand the kids on those shows. .

Lets remember that these kids were brats because they were raised that way - I would have ripped my kids tongue out of their mouth if they ever even tried to spit on me..

I would have ripped my kids tongue out of their mouth if they ever even tried to spit on me..

Dang...you're mean.:eek:

Lets remember that these kids were brats because they were raised that way - I would have ripped my kids tongue out of their mouth if they ever even tried to spit on me..

:D OMG...I am cracking up here. I nominate tef and serene to revamp the Camp Carnival program. :D

I dont watch the show, but I'm in agreement!

You should. More often than not they should be doing an episode of "How Clean Is Your House" before bringing in the Nanny.

I dont watch the show, but I'm in agreement!

Me either....I'm turned off by the commercials. I do know people though whose kids act somewhat like that. IMO it comes from not telling them "no". It's a *bad* word.... My kids definitely have know what the word "no" means and although they may drive me crazy at home I get glowing reports of great behavior when they are with someone else.

That show drives me batty. I don't know where they find these families... those children are the devil!!!!!! I will say that my sis started using the "naughty stair" technique with her 20 month old (never too early, LOL)... he is too cute, sits on that stair and does not move until she comes to get him... Anytime she says "do you want to go to the naughty stair?", he looks at her, and says NOOOOOOOOO... goooooo boy :D and starts behaving... it's a great trick!

Did anyone see Nanny 911 last night. At the end of the show the family got a cruise and the ship looked like a Carnival cruise ship. With my luck these people would be my tablemates :eek:

LOL - I did see the show - OMG!

I had just remarked to my DH "Wouldn't you just love to be stuck in a restaurant or on a cruise with this family?" to which he replied "That would be about my luck!"

When they presented a cruise as a gift to the family, my jaw dropped, and I felt an immediate pang of sympathy for their fellow passengers. If they don't get their act together, they'll undoubtedly become "notorious" on that ship.

I thank God every day for having 2 wonderful daughters that we were able to take anywhere. Now, I am able to take the 2 grandsons anywhere, including cruises, without any problems. They are 3 and 8 years old.

You aren't the only one. How these people aren't embarassed to exhibit their lame parenting on national TV is beyond me. Maybe it's the free cruise?;)

Amen to that and I couldn't agree more. My one and only "child" is now twenty-eight and never once did I have to resort to physical punishment (a "look" and a very stern "Mommy is not happy with you right now" always worked) . . . but, if I ever had a child like those on these two shows . . . you'd probably be visiting me in jail. Only teasing of course but being a good parent starts the day that baby is born . . . and the parents on these shows need a wake up call . . . and I don't mean being put into the "naughty zone."

A good dose of healthy fear goes a long way! My Dad didn't hit me but his "Little Girl" could send chills up my spine even after I was married. I heard those words and knew I was dangerously close to stepping over the line! LOL

Sometimes I would give the world to hear them again!

Burnsie

Only teasing of course but being a good parent starts the day that baby is born . . . and the parents on these shows need a wake up call . . . and I don't mean being put into the "naughty zone."

Very true Lady. Too many of these parents place no limits or boundaries on their young children, then panic and decide to crack the whip (ineffectively of course)when they have undisciplined, disrespectful Pre-teens and adolescents on their hands. Positive loving discipline must start as soon as a child is born. Kids flourish with boundaries and discipline in their lives. Too many parents neglect their parental RESPONSIBILITY to raise productive, pleasant children in order to be "Friends" with their kids. Hey, the Kids have plenty of candidates for friends, parents need to PARENT.

It comes from all that "touchy-feely" parenting CR*P.

I have to shake my head in total bewilderment at how these parents let their children get that out of control.

I'm not saying that my kids never tried to push the envelope - but they found out fast that when they push - I push back (and I'm not suggesting anything physical). They learned there are consequences for their actions - both good and bad. Good action got rewarded - Bad actions got punished. They liked rewards better.

Archived