Hotel cruise-park packages, Bayonne, NJ

awboater

It's in the Rosebank neighborhood of Staten Island. If someone is driving you there you're going to have to find a way to get from the B&B to Cape Liberty, which is in Bayonne, NJ. That would likely mean taking a car service...I'm guessing it would cosr at least $50 plus tolls and tip. Probably doesn't make much sense to stay there for someone cruising from Cape Liberty. Here's their web site: http://www.nyharborhouse.com/

thanks for the info ... we were just looking for something different than a hotel

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

You provide such wonderful info on here; I'm hoping someone sees this and can provide some advice!

Short and sweet: I am driving from MA with my 2 kids (ages 9 and 11) for a Bahamas cruise on Explorer out of Bayonne, Feb 9-16 2014(Sunday-Sunday).

With New England weather being so iffy, we are doing the drive on Saturday the 8th, and want to stay in a hotel that night.

I'm open to shuttle, or parking at pier...and price (as long as it's reasonable) isn't my biggest concern.

Hands down, what is my best option for comfort, safety, dinner within walking distance...in other words, where would YOU stay if you were in my shoes? :)

Thanks in advance!

You provide such wonderful info on here; I'm hoping someone sees this and can provide some advice!

Short and sweet: I am driving from MA with my 2 kids (ages 9 and 11) for a Bahamas cruise on Explorer out of Bayonne, Feb 9-16 2014(Sunday-Sunday).

With New England weather being so iffy, we are doing the drive on Saturday the 8th, and want to stay in a hotel that night.

I'm open to shuttle, or parking at pier...and price (as long as it's reasonable) isn't my biggest concern.

Hands down, what is my best option for comfort, safety, dinner within walking distance...in other words, where would YOU stay if you were in my shoes? :)

Thanks in advance!

I'd probably look at the Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth. There are a couple of chain restaurants (Ruby Tuesdays, IHOP) as well as the Jersey Gardens outlet mall within walking distance . It's a short drive to the cruise terminal, or they also have packages with parking at the hotel.

Edited by njhorseman

I'd probably look at the Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth. There are a couple of chain restaurants (Ruby Tuesdays, IHOP) as well as the Jersey Gardens outlet mall within walking distance . It's a short drive to the cruise terminal, or they also have packages with parking at the hotel.

Thank you very much! Between the Country Inn and Hampton Inn (which apparently has parking and a free shuttle to pier), which would be your preference?

Thank you very much! Between the Country Inn and Hampton Inn (which apparently has parking and a free shuttle to pier), which would be your preference?

Which Hampton Inn are you considering? The Hampton Inn in Staten Island is the one I'm aware of that has free parking and a free shuttle to the port. It's in a perfectly OK area, but it doesn't met your requirements for restaurants within walking distance. The only restaurant is in the adjacent Hilton Garden Inn, and is fairly pricey...not the type of place you're probably looking to take your children.

Edited by njhorseman

I am driving to meet my sisters for cruise on NCL gem in Jan 2014. Will be arriving the night before. Never been to the area before...need a safe,clean place to sleep (budget is a consideration but not a restriction) ~~ would prefer with parking included but if not safe for my car there where would you recommend I park?

Thanks ~

Deb

Which Hampton Inn are you considering? The Hampton Inn in Staten Island is the one I'm aware of that has free parking and a free shuttle to the port. It's in a perfectly OK area, but it doesn't met your requirements for restaurants within walking distance. The only restaurant is in the adjacent Hilton Garden Inn, and is fairly pricey...not the type of place you're probably looking to take your children.

We're seriously considering the Hampton Inn, Staten Island. Can you recommend any restaurants within an easy, short drive? Even chain restaurants are okay.

We're seriously considering the Hampton Inn, Staten Island. Can you recommend any restaurants within an easy, short drive? Even chain restaurants are okay.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for our cruise this past April. We ate at Lorenzo's. It was wonderful. They serve off their lunch menu until 4pm. We just had an late lunch!!! Delicious, and prices reasonable. If we ever cruise out of Bayonne again, we would definitely eat at Lorenzo's. Just a short walk across the parking lot. That's if you don't mind eating an earlier "dinner".

Here is a link to some other local restaurants.

http://www.priceline.com/restaurants-seeAllNear-hampton-inn-suites-staten-island-staten-island-new-york-ny-132206-tk-oD-an.hotel-reviews-hotel-guides?plf=PCLN&irefid=PLTGMERCH&irefclickid=STATEN+ISLANDNY&showMap=true

The hotel's website provides a list of nearby restaurants. I can't provide any personal advice...good, bad, or indifferent, because I haven't eaten in any of them. Obviously some are chains...Applebee's, IHOP and Perkins, but even chain restaurants can vary in quality from location to location.

http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/new-york/hampton-inn-and-suites-staten-island-NYCSIHX/dining/index.html

Area Restaurants

Applebee's

Arirang

Carmens

Charlie Brown

Denoi

Great American Grill®

IHOP

Lorenzo's

Marina Cafe

Perkins

Yes, Staten Island. :) Sorry, had a blonde moment and forgot that I would have my CAR with me (duh), so a restaurant wouldn't have to necessarily be within walking distance, just relatively close driving distance.

I appreciate your help tremendously! It's very tough sometimes when traveling to a new area. If you ever visit Cape Cod and need recommendations, I'll be happy to help! Haha :)

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for our cruise this past April. We ate at Lorenzo's. It was wonderful. They serve off their lunch menu until 4pm. We just had an late lunch!!! Delicious, and prices reasonable. If we ever cruise out of Bayonne again, we would definitely eat at Lorenzo's. Just a short walk across the parking lot. That's if you don't mind eating an earlier "dinner".

Here is a link to some other local restaurants.

http://www.priceline.com/restaurants-seeAllNear-hampton-inn-suites-staten-island-staten-island-new-york-ny-132206-tk-oD-an.hotel-reviews-hotel-guides?plf=PCLN&irefid=PLTGMERCH&irefclickid=STATEN+ISLANDNY&showMap=true

Thank you for the link.

The hotel's website provides a list of nearby restaurants. I can't provide any personal advice...good, bad, or indifferent, because I haven't eaten in any of them. Obviously some are chains...Applebee's, IHOP and Perkins, but even chain restaurants can vary in quality from location to location.

http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/new-york/hampton-inn-and-suites-staten-island-NYCSIHX/dining/index.html

Area Restaurants

Applebee's

Arirang

Carmens

Charlie Brown

Denoi

Great American Grill®

IHOP

Lorenzo's

Marina Cafe

Perkins

Thank you for the list.

Flying into NY(LGA) on 10/26, would like a decent hotel in NY, but leaving the next day on a cruise out of bayonne NJ.

I have been to NY, but stayed at time square, and not looking for something in that area, but something safe. our plans will be to do a tour that includes the 9-11 Memorial if I can find a good one.

Would also love to know what kind of cost for transportation, to the port.

Any help woule be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

• 4 months later...

Staying at the Hampton tomorrow night and using the shuttle to get to Cape Liberty Sunday morning. Free shuttle, but what do you guys usually give for a tip to the driver? I have no idea of the distance and haven't taken private transportation in years! Thank you!

Staying at the Hampton tomorrow night and using the shuttle to get to Cape Liberty Sunday morning. Free shuttle, but what do you guys usually give for a tip to the driver? I have no idea of the distance and haven't taken private transportation in years! Thank you!

How many people and how much stuff?? If it's like 2 people and 4 bags, I would probably give 10 bucks...`

Which Hampton?? Staten Island? Not that it matters, but I would tend to tip closer to 10 than closer to 5......

Flying into NY(LGA) on 10/26, would like a decent hotel in NY, but leaving the next day on a cruise out of bayonne NJ.

I have been to NY, but stayed at time square, and not looking for something in that area, but something safe. our plans will be to do a tour that includes the 9-11 Memorial if I can find a good one.

Would also love to know what kind of cost for transportation, to the port.

Any help woule be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

You're crossing state lines so transportation will not be cheap.

What's your budget?

Flying into LGA is not the most convenient option for a cruise out of NJ. How much stuff will you have? How many people? Can you manage public transportation?

Getting a car service is likely the best option.....getting around NYC will not be bad, but you're looking at about $100 bucks give or take to get into NJ

How many people and how much stuff?? If it's like 2 people and 4 bags, I would probably give 10 bucks...`

Which Hampton?? Staten Island? Not that it matters, but I would tend to tip closer to 10 than closer to 5......

Yes, Staten Island. There are 3 of us (2 are kids) and 5 bags. I was thinking b/t $10 and $20 each way, sounds like I was in the right range :)

Thank you so much!

Yes, Staten Island. There are 3 of us (2 are kids) and 5 bags. I was thinking b/t $10 and $20 each way, sounds like I was in the right range :)

Thank you so much!

You're welcome.....

In that case, I would base it on the 'nice' factor....if the driver is very nice, maybe a couple extra bucks.....15-ish, split the difference:p

Have fun!! Bring layers, it will be Cooolllllldddddddd the first couple days!:eek:

You're welcome.....

In that case, I would base it on the 'nice' factor....if the driver is very nice, maybe a couple extra bucks.....15-ish, split the difference:p

Have fun!! Bring layers, it will be Cooolllllldddddddd the first couple days!:eek:

I know, not exactly what I'm used to when it comes to a cruise but after this winter we're having in MA, I'll take 3-4 days of 75-80 at any cost! :)

You're crossing state lines so transportation will not be cheap.

What's your budget?

Flying into LGA is not the most convenient option for a cruise out of NJ. How much stuff will you have? How many people? Can you manage public transportation?

Getting a car service is likely the best option.....getting around NYC will not be bad, but you're looking at about $100 bucks give or take to get into NJ

Have you considered staying in NJ? On Hotwire I'm seeing one of our favorite 4* hotels in the Weekhawken, Hoboken, Jersey City area for $126 plus tax!!!!!

This listing has the tennis amenity, which means it is highly likely to be the W Hotel in Hoboken. There are no guarantees, but the only other hotels it could be are the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor, the Westin or the Hyatt. If you are interested in the 911 memorial, it would be easy to take the light rail from any of these hotels to Exchange Place and PATH to World Trade. All of these hotels are on the Hudson and have great views from the property.

For this date most of the NYC hotels on Hotwire are well over $200. If it were me, I would grab this deal because it will disappear.