My Week On The GREATEST Ship In The World! Allure OTS 10/30/11: A Pictorial Review!

Thanks for posting. How do you know which room is which type when selecting?

I don't know that there is a way to, short of asking around here on CC to find out who has stayed in which room and what the configuration was. It would be good to get a list going. Maybe an enterprising CC'er might start one.

Ok, here is where I get really jealous. When I saw Blue Planet, it was a great show, but when they pushed out this trampoline for that part of the show, nobody jumped on it! I've seen some videos on Youtube of this part of the show, but that first week in May, they actually pushed this thing out and didn't use it. This was probably my only real disappointment of the entire cruise.

I can tell by your photos you didn't use a flash, but still got some good pictures. I saw a lot of people using flashes in this show, which could be a danger to the performers. I did get this photo of the tree, but I think yours was better, (You must have been closer, yea, that's the ticket.)

Yes, I was not using a flash. Flash bulbs going off during a show are not fun for anyone involved. My camera has a handy "handheld night shot" mode where is does a burst of several shots and overlays them into one image.

So whats with them just pushing the trampoline out and not using it? What did they do just dance around it? Thats odd. :confused:

So whats with them just pushing the trampoline out and not using it? What did they do just dance around it? Thats odd. :confused:

That is exactly what they did with no explanation. The weather was calm so it wasn't a case of a rocking ship. I thought perhaps a particular performer might have been ill or sick that day.

That's it! It took almost a week, but we got through it! Thanks for all the kind comments along the way, I'm glad you all enjoyed it. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions if I didn't cover something. I will try my best to give you an answer, or at least some believable B.S. :D:D

Thanks for the great info. I am hitting Oasis next year and am a bit upset to hear about the cigar smoking. That was my favorite part of Freedom. Of the sticks they have for sell, are they well priced or should I bring my own?

Thanks again!!

I received this information from Seaside Bob:

If you care to know where your beds are located in the room...at veranda or at bath...look at a pair of connecting rooms on the deck plan nearby. From the hallway, the room on the right has the beds at the veranda...the left, at the bath.

I don't know that there is a way to, short of asking around here on CC to find out who has stayed in which room and what the configuration was. It would be good to get a list going. Maybe an enterprising CC'er might start one.

Excellent Review, thanks... One quick question, you said there was a thermal suite; is there still a steam room in the spa area (free) like all of the other RCCL ships... Thanks in advance

Unfortunately no, the steam rooms are now only for paying customers. :mad:

I received this information from Seaside Bob:

If you care to know where your beds are located in the room...at veranda or at bath...look at a pair of connecting rooms on the deck plan nearby. From the hallway, the room on the right has the beds at the veranda...the left, at the bath.

Good info! So long as you keep the count straight that could definitely work.

Thanks for the great info. I am hitting Oasis next year and am a bit upset to hear about the cigar smoking. That was my favorite part of Freedom. Of the sticks they have for sell, are they well priced or should I bring my own?

Thanks again!!

I brought my own in a travel case, their prices were a bit high but not too bad. Their selection is limited, just a few of the big brands. Off the top of my head I remember most fell between $8 and $20.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wow Grady - I totally enjoyed your review of the Allure of the Seas. Can't wait to cruise on her in August. By the way, do you recall which side did the ship dock on? I've heard Starboard instead of Port side.

In Nassau our port side was against the pier. In St. Thomas and St. Maarten the starboard side was against the pier.

Thank you so much for a wonderful review! I am surprised it took us this long to book one of the mega ships. Since we weren't interested prior to booking our upcoming OASIS in March, I never paid much attention to the threads. By any chance did you do one for the OASIS? would love to read yours.

Thank you for the amazing and detailed review. I have read many reviews of this type about Allure, and yours is by far the best, with regard to the areas you included photos of, and the overall impression of the ship.

Lord willing, I will be taking my three children (18, 18, and 11 at sailing) on our first cruise in May 2012, which will be on the Allure. I am so in love with this ship and I've never even seen it in person. We are also in an interior cabin, (3838) which may prove a tight fit, but as everyone says, it's mainly for sleeping, for a group such as ours.

Thanks for taking the time and putting forth the effort to post such a great review. I can't wait to experience Allure for myself!

Regards,

D.

Thank you so much for a wonderful review! I am surprised it took us this long to book one of the mega ships. Since we weren't interested prior to booking our upcoming OASIS in March, I never paid much attention to the threads. By any chance did you do one for the OASIS? would love to read yours.

No, sorry I have not cruised on Oasis yet. I hope to in the future though.

Thank you for the amazing and detailed review. I have read many reviews of this type about Allure, and yours is by far the best, with regard to the areas you included photos of, and the overall impression of the ship.

Lord willing, I will be taking my three children (18, 18, and 11 at sailing) on our first cruise in May 2012, which will be on the Allure. I am so in love with this ship and I've never even seen it in person. We are also in an interior cabin, (3838) which may prove a tight fit, but as everyone says, it's mainly for sleeping, for a group such as ours.

Thanks for taking the time and putting forth the effort to post such a great review. I can't wait to experience Allure for myself!

Regards,

D.

Congrats on your first cruise.

You and your crew are in for a special treat.

Congrats on your first cruise.

You and your crew are in for a special treat.

Thanks!! I hope so. I think about it constantly. I felt like I had my priorities seriously out of whack when I had a full notebook of planning stuff for the cruise, but two days before the girls' 18th birthday party last weekend, I wasn't sure what I was doing about the food! :o

Darth,

first let me say if my wife thought your pictures were great then your photo's s/b in the Smithsonian. Now for the toughy I saw on another board that there was a special party for 50 people it was annouced on the morning show with the theme being prohibition you had to call and reserve a space for 30.00 do you know about this

I appreciate all the effort you put into this Darth...but I can't see hardly any of your photos...getting that 'bandwidth exceeded' message on just about all of them.

I do enjoy reading your review and glad you had such a great time. The photos I did see were great! Sorry for the photos being such a pain. I know you worked real hard for us to enjoy your review. Thanks again for your efforts. I'm not a big fan of photobucket any longer after seeing what they did to your review.

From what I did see, it has convinced us to book a cruise on The Allure after we sail on the Breeze next year. We will be looking forward to it. It looks like quite an experience! Thanks again!:)