Really Angry!!!

:mad::mad::mad:

Not impressed at all. Just looked on the cruise I have booked for next August and the price has dropped like a stone and now are offering free upgrades to outside cabins, its on the escape but still a thomson ship. This is my 9th cruise so know that roces can change but this is beyond a joke! Rang Thomson and my TA I booked with and got NOTHING!!!! If I eant a can cancel and lose my £350 deposit and my £35 for pre booking my cabin. As usual as long as they have your money they couldnt give a monkeys!!! :mad::mad::mad:

:mad::mad::mad:

Not impressed at all. Just looked on the cruise I have booked for next August and the price has dropped like a stone and now are offering free upgrades to outside cabins, its on the escape but still a thomson ship. This is my 9th cruise so know that roces can change but this is beyond a joke! Rang Thomson and my TA I booked with and got NOTHING!!!! If I eant a can cancel and lose my £350 deposit and my £35 for pre booking my cabin. As usual as long as they have your money they couldnt give a monkeys!!! :mad::mad::mad:

lifes a bitch, seriously would you be happy to pay more if the price had gone up rather than down LOL

Doesn,t always work like that, SouthWalesCruiser. The prices on our cruise went higher as the departure time grew nearer. If you book your cruise early don,t look at the prices again , then you won,t be dissapointed.What you don,t know and all that! After all, you were happy to pay the price at the time of booking. :rolleyes:

Factor in the chance of there being no flights available from your preferred airport leaving your booking till late .

Although more than happy with the price we paid I must admit solostar I do have a sneaky peek at the price of our trip now and again.Our trips a long way off but it has risen a few hundred to what we paid and AI is now £98 whereas by booking early we got it for nought.

Your right Jim..I hate to admit it :p

Posted this on the Island cruises thread only last week?

Rebel Rouser: Just checking on prices now and no AI (£196) PP now my early booking looks like a bargain ;) for 14 days

Drinks @ AVG £3.30 per Drink, 10 drinks per day x 2 x 14 days = £924 :eek:

always a lottery when to take the plunge, twice so far this year lost out due to prices dropping (luckily only slightly) after booking, on two more im contemplating the cost has gone up, one of them significantly.

last year i was part way through a booking with cruisedeals and had got to the stage of the agent verifying my preferred flight availabilty,whilst on hold i was doodling around and just happened to refresh the web page the offer was on, it had dropped £50 pp, agent came back on not knowing what i knew,a bit of recalculation and i was a very happy bunny having just saved £100 ,not as happy a bunny when it dropped another £50 pp less than an hour later. some you win some you lose ,no point whining about it

Your right Jim..I hate to admit it :p

Posted this on the Island cruises thread only last week?

Spot on Jim and Rebel Rouser !

I think it depends on what you want to drink really , a lot of drinks do not fall into the A I nothing else to pay but carry a surcharge which is written in blue on the bar menu . So if you want drinks like cider even on A I you can expect to pay £1.75 on each drink . So if your on free A I or £49 offers, great but if your paying £398 for 2 personsthen it could get expensive .

Basic cost 10 x £2.85 x 2 pers x 7days = £399 or you can go A I (using the £398 cost ....)

A I Cost 10x £1.75 x 2 pers x 7days = £ 245 + £398 cost of A I is now = £643 ! :eek:

So by not using full price A I you have saved .. £244 .

I have not booked A I as we were offered it at full price ( £398 ) and based on their " Blue" surcharges we will not save but it would cost us more in the long run .

The prices are based on a 2011 bar menu a mate used on Destiny this year . Hope this helps Some of you not yet booked decide .

Also to all of you on " Free/nought/zilch/zero A I" (Like Jim & Rebel Rouser) .... NICE ONE IT'S PARTY TIME ...ENJOY !!:D:D:D

bar2011.png

Your right Jim..I hate to admit it

1.gif

Theres a first for everything RR

I think it depends on what you want to drink really , a lot of drinks do not fall into the A I nothing else to pay but carry a surcharge which is written in blue on the bar menu . So if you want drinks like cider even on A I you can expect to pay £1.75 on each drink . So if your on free A I or £49 offers, great but if your paying £398 for 2 personsthen it could get expensive .

Basic cost 10 x £2.85 x 2 pers x 7days = £399 or you can go A I (using the £398 cost ....)

A I Cost 10x £1.75 x 2 pers x 7days = £ 245 + £398 cost of A I is now = £643 !

I have not booked A I as we were offered it at full price ( £398 ) and based on their " Blue" surcharges we will not save but it would cost us more in the long run .

The prices are based on a 2011 bar menu a mate used on Destiny this year . Hope this helps Some of you not yet booked decide .

Also to all of you on " Free/nought/zilch/zero A I" (Like Jim & Rebel Rouser) .... NICE ONE IT'S PARTY TIME ...ENJOY !!

bar2011.png

Good post kalos..I know your calculations are done on pre june 2011 prices as prices have risen since,£3-50 a pint for instance.It would not surprise me to see prices rise again next year.I find theres more than enough drinks, for me anyway that do not carry a supplement on AI to wet my tonsilsals, though having said that,not been adverse to ordering one that does carry a siupplement

I don`t think I would pay £398 for AI either....The first year which was our first with Thomson cruises we didn`t get AI for free but received £50pp on board spends,couple that with a further £75 pp for an air con breakdown meant we were virtually AI...Second year had free AI and also the same next year.We manage by booking well in advance sometimes a few weeks after returning.We don`t book early specifically for the free AI(although it is enticing)more for the intinerary,flights,cabin and price.

:awaits a response from RR or Stevie :D

Also to all of you on " Free/nought/zilch/zero A I" (Like Jim & Rebel Rouser) .... NICE ONE IT'S PARTY TIME:D ...ENJOY !!:D:D
kalos,party time no matter but AI is an added bonus

A I Cost 10x £1.75 x 2 pers x 7days = £ 245 + £398 cost of A I is now = £643 ! :eek:

Also to all of you on " Free/nought/zilch/zero A I" (Like Jim & Rebel Rouser) .... NICE ONE IT'S PARTY TIME ...ENJOY !!:D:D:D

bar2011.png

This has now rocketed to £796 for 2 weeks for the 2 of us! crazy prices.

That is crazy our bar bill for 2 of us for a week is never more than £250 and believe me we never go without and don't actually think about the cost when we order drinks. apart from the fact that some days you will be ashore and purchasing your drinks anyway I would just go with paying the bill at the end. The only reason I am on ai next cruise is that we got it at £98 for the 2 of us. bargain but wouldnt normally purchase it.Hope that helps.

We have on all our cruises to date had AI free? even our cancelled cruise on the Island Escape (Xmas) now Thomson Destiny is Free AI with also £50 on board spend each. and jim is correct that most of the Pints will be £3.50 per pint and cocktails/ Wine also that price...... Must admit to a few pints on Holiday, when you think about it ...4 to 5 drinks during the day (to keep the body fluids up on a hot day) :p then another couple pre Dinner, 3 glasses of wine for eveing meal, then another 3 / 4 pints at show time and a couple of night caps they soon add up ;)

Ps when I first saw the bar menu..I thought it was a "Hooters" bar :D must get back to work with "Hooters" on the brain now :o

PPS not an alcoholic..but still practicing??????

RR

kalos,party time no matter but AI is an added bonus

Hi Jim ,

Yes thats right the bar prices are early in the year , the mate went on the transatlantic sunset crossing on the Destiny 17 or 18 nights about 6 days at sea as well .

The Dream is doing it this year and he may be on that one as well . As for me I will try and get a Destiny "Bar Tariff" update when we go onboard next month.

( kalos,party time no matter but AI is an added bonus )

Sure is Jim , the next best thing though was New Year's Eve, the captain stopped our ferry ship Bretagne in French waters so we could toast the European New Year and then nipped into British waters so we could do it all again at UK midnight . :D:D

Some Hogmany party but thats another story . ;)

Archived