Lots of Photos From Norwegian Star Tour!

DarthGrady

Thanks!

Any pictures of front suites directly below the bridge?

On page 1, post #13, the last three pics are of the "Van Gogh" suite which has a front facing balcony below the bridge.

It also had a separate side facing balcony. I have never seen a room on any ship with two balconies facing different directions, very cool.

It's okay, I don't take offense. I have seen donaldsc's venomous posts in many other threads. He's just a loser that likes to troll the boards and should be ignored accordingly. :eek:

I'm glad the folks that count enjoyed the pics! ;)

Thanks so ,much for the pics = we are sailing on her Jan 1.

Edited by iluvdoxies

Thanks so much!! New to NCL and was so curious what the Star had in store. I was so sad your last picture review on Allure was over and was so pleasantly surprised to see this thread! One thing I noticed on the Star as opposed to RC ships, is that it appears there are less "permanent" structures in the dining rooms....there are mostly tables and chairs and less of the banquette type seating I am used to on RC. Not sure if thats good or bad, just really different...and probably for a very good reason. I would imagine it makes it easier to re-purpose a dining area if it seems unpopular or something. Interesting, and thanks again!

Thanks so much!! New to NCL and was so curious what the Star had in store. I was so sad your last picture review on Allure was over and was so pleasantly surprised to see this thread! One thing I noticed on the Star as opposed to RC ships, is that it appears there are less "permanent" structures in the dining rooms....there are mostly tables and chairs and less of the banquette type seating I am used to on RC. Not sure if thats good or bad, just really different...and probably for a very good reason. I would imagine it makes it easier to re-purpose a dining area if it seems unpopular or something. Interesting, and thanks again!

Thats my assumption as well. With their Freestyle Dining system I imagine the table setup needs to be very flexible.

If I am reading your post correctly this is my reply to it.

The reason for mostly tables and chairs and the ability to move them around is because of the freestyle dining concept. The freestyle concept allows you to eat at whatever time you wish but as well, with whoever you wish. So they have to have the ability to move tables to accomodate 2 people, 4 people or even 8.

On page 1, post #13, the last three pics are of the "Van Gogh" suite which has a front facing balcony below the bridge.

It also had a separate side facing balcony. I have never seen a room on any ship with two balconies facing different directions, very cool.

Those are actually owners suites on the corners of deck 9 and 10.

Darth! Nice to see you over here:D Thanks for posting the Star photos you took - always a pleasure to view any of your pics.

Can I interest you in a certain December Epic cruise, perhaps????

When we do try NCL for the first time, that is the one I want to go on. It looks pretty amazing from what I have seen.

Edited by DarthGrady

That's all I have for you. Good night everyone! :):)

This is my first cruise on NCL and the ship " Star "

I really enjoyed your pictures....Thanks so much for sharing

It was like being their on the ship .:) My sailing is 3-Days and counting( November 20th )

Can't Wait :D :)

Thanks for the photos! We boarded the Star on the 13th, the day you took your photos (it seems).

Any chance you have these same photos in higher resolution? It's so nice to see our temporary home without crowds of people, so it's much nicer to look at your pics than our own. I can give you my email if you'd rather do it that way. Please let me know.

(We were in the Amber Suite, one of the 2 bedroom suites. We must have been on the other side as our suite was a mirror image of your photos.)

(We were in the Amber Suite, one of the 2 bedroom suites. We must have been on the other side as our suite was a mirror image of your photos.)

Hi rajones!

Any problems with the Amber Suite? We will be in that cabin in 2 weeks!!:eek: How/who were the Butler & Concierge? Thanks for any info!:)

Thanks for the photos! We boarded the Star on the 13th, the day you took your photos (it seems).

Any chance you have these same photos in higher resolution? It's so nice to see our temporary home without crowds of people, so it's much nicer to look at your pics than our own. I can give you my email if you'd rather do it that way. Please let me know.

No, sorry these are the only ones that I have.

• 1 month later...
Thanks fo9r the pics. We are on the Repo cruise in October 2012 also. Can't wait. It will be our first cruise in a balcony cabin!

We will also be on the Repo...I was wondering if anyone knows if they do a Mardi Gras parade or have a place to do one on the ship the night before we pull into New Orleans. Was on RCCL repo this last fall and we had a great parade...brought costumes and beads and passed the beads out as the ship played music about 40 of us paraded around...it was so much fun... does anyone know if this happens or is available to set up??

Joy