Recpmmend transport from Miami hotel to Ft Lauderdale Airport

wannabeavip

We plan to stay 2 days in Miami after our cruise and saved $300 each on plane fare by doing so. Now, what is the best/cheapest way to get from the Holiday Inn Bayside to Fort Lauderdale airport? The hotel is telling me to take a cab and it would be $80. There are just two of us.

A one-way car rental is likely your cheapest option and will allow your plans to adjust to what you want to do/see on the way to FLL. Both Avis and Hertz have downtown Miami locations very close to your hotel. Good luck! :)

If it's two of you I would price out the cost of private car versus a rental car. If it's close I would go with the private car unless you don't mind picking up the car, driving it, getting gas, dropping it off, then taking the shuttle over to the airport. Just think it through. You may save a couple of dollars but waste a lot of time.

Keith

I would take a cab over to MIA and then the shuttle to FLL. The 2 airports run a shuttle back and forth all the time. Think its about 28.00, price it out. With a cab if you get hung in traffic it can run the tab up, shuttle is fixed.

Archived