Another Silly Tip Question

clr0806

Here in the States I will leave cash on the nightstand to tip the hotel staff who cleans the room. Our wages are not very good for our service industry staff so I feel better if they do a good job if I leave a little something for them. We will be staying at the Swissotel in Sydney for 4 nights post cruise. Would you do the same for your hotel staff? I understand no tips with dining but this would be for the cleaning staff. Do they get a decent wage for the work?

Here in the States I will leave cash on the nightstand to tip the hotel staff who cleans the room. Our wages are not very good for our service industry staff so I feel better if they do a good job if I leave a little something for them. We will be staying at the Swissotel in Sydney for 4 nights post cruise. Would you do the same for your hotel staff? I understand no tips with dining but this would be for the cleaning staff. Do they get a decent wage for the work?

They get a more-than-decent wage and there is no need to leave a tip. If you were still occupying the room they would leave the money because they would assume it was your money left there accidently.:)

in most good hotels the staff would only take a tip only you handed it them, all money in the rooms would thought of as yours and room staff would never taken as being a tip.

Ive never heard of tipping room staff in Australia.Mind you they will take adv of you if they know your from USA.

Tipping is 'NOT COMPULSORY'

Generally bar staff ....no tipping

Maybe the person on the drinks tray ,but again only a small tip at the end, and again not a must do

Local advice

Enjoy

FF

Archived