ssshhh, secret question

NiceAFT

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalConquest2011/08NewOrleans/index.htm

Take a look at the Naughty table on debarkation day on this past Sunday.

Even 3 prong plugs were taken.:eek:

Hey, I looked at the naughty table, but, I did not see any RR's:cool:

methinks it's those big bulky bottles that are dead give a ways:eek:

we took our legal two bottles of bubbly,(which I am not a large fan of), on in Oct. along with some small hidden treasures that made it just fine;) I guess they just toss the RR's right into the trash?

Yikes! I didn't think they would confiscate a bottle of mixer. I planned to bring a bottle of Bloody Mary mix along to make spicy red beers with our non-smuggled buckets of beer.

We brought Bloody Mary mix in its original bottle with no issues...it counts as non-alcoholic. Perhaps that one had the seal broken so there was a chance that someone had pre-made their cocktails and that's why it was taken;)

I've wondered if I were to put scotch in an old wine bottle and recork it if it would get caught on the way in.

If they check the seal, you may not get away with it.

Hey, I looked at the naughty table, but, I did not see any RR's:cool:

methinks it's those big bulky bottles that are dead give a ways:eek:

we took our legal two bottles of bubbly,(which I am not a large fan of), on in Oct. along with some small hidden treasures that made it just fine;) I guess they just toss the RR's right into the trash?

You're correct...anything not in it's original container gets tossed (but you have a better chance of getting RR's on than a bottle).

Do you sneak candy in the movie? Or do you sneak in the movie all together?

I think it is hard to believe that there are so many DISHONEST people!

You got me on this one. I definately make a stop at Walgreens or Walmart to get movie candy for a $1 instead of paying movie prices. I've also been known to take microwave popcorn and juice boxes.

But I really try not to be too judgemental . . . You know the whole speck in someone else's eye vs. the log in your own thing.

Does anyone have any tricks on how to cover the caps of RR's so they aren't obvious on X-ray?

There was one poster that said he put one in a chocolate candy bag, and covered the cap with a foil wrapper, but that only works with one or two.

I know placing them with other toiletries helps as well. But what else?

Smuggling booze is NOT stealing. All of your other examples are stealing. The booze we smuggle is legitimately paid for. And smuggling it is not breaking a LAW, its breaking a company policy. There is a big difference. I for one still buy drinks, but I really enjoy the convenience of having mixers in my room ready whenever I am.

Thanks for pointing out our faults, we have all really enjoyed your sermon, Reverend

You said it BluexMoon!! :thumbup::beer::D

We just came off the Liberty today, and I got about 50 oz. of Don Q Cristal rum through in checked baggage. I filled 2 of my kids old shampoo bottles after washing them THOROUGHLY!! I know it sounds odd, but if cleaned out well, you CANNOT taste any shampoo. However, my DW couldnt get past the mental picture that she was drinking soap, so.....

I also bought probably 5-6 drinks on board, and easily tripled the cost of the bottle, so do I feel guilty about smuggling? Not hardly...

Does anyone have any tricks on how to cover the caps of RR's so they aren't obvious on X-ray?

There was one poster that said he put one in a chocolate candy bag, and covered the cap with a foil wrapper, but that only works with one or two.

I know placing them with other toiletries helps as well. But what else?

I really don't think it's the caps they are seeing but if you use a large RR, it's the large volumn of liquid that shows up. I had my large one confiscated on the Spirit in Feb, never had had a problem before, and it was wrapped in my black bathingsuit underneath toiletries. Then I had friends that sailed with me on the Liberty who had their box wine confiscated, again, a large volumn of liquid thing. JMHO. But I got on the Spirit two weeks ago with two of the 16 oz in each pocket and one in the waistband of my shorts that were under a big flowy skirt with no problem.

We use the smaller ones 16oz and 8oz.

Packed inside the suit jacket pocket

wrapped in a sock inside shoe

Also carry on in cargo shorts.

Last cruise (Legend May 11) Took a travel iron and it was found and taken but the RR's in the same piece of luggage made it.

. But I got on the Spirit two weeks ago with two of the 16 oz in each pocket and one in the waistband of my shorts that were under a big flowy skirt with no problem.

With this method, you could probably get away with using the original bottles. Why would you need rr's? Does your body get scanned when you board or just your checked luggage?

Had small rum runners in my pockets. My purse was stopped going through xray. Here I am standing after going through xray and they're searching my purse! It was the ecig cartridge that for some reason was suspicious.

All my rr's got through no problem. This was in Tampa.

I've had success on two cruises taking original, sealed bottles in checked luggage. Big 1.75 liters.

I'll try again next month.

Hope their weapon security is better than their liquor security! :eek:

So, do they only check a sample of sample of checked luggage instead of all of it?

I don't understand how some people end up in the naughty room and others don't.

Is it simply placement?

We've never been caught. I also agree on the placement and using the smaller ones. We used to use the huge ones, but in the past couple of years just went with the smaller ones so that they would be less easy to detect and less booze wasted if detected LOL

We've had VIP check in a few cruises and have not been caught. We've had regular check in and not been caught.

So, do they only check a sample of sample of checked luggage instead of all of it?

I don't understand how some people end up in the naughty room and others don't.

Is it simply placement?

I don't know why some bottles/rum runners make it on and some don't.

Our friends, on the same cruise, put theirs in their checked luggage also. One of two bottles was confiscated, and they got the naughty note. Because it was a sealed, original bottle, they got it back at the end of the cruise.

This is why we do it this way, instead of using rum runners. If they confiscate it, we get it back at the end. And so far, it's worked for us. If it doesn't work, no big deal.

We wrapped the bottles in plastic bags in case of a leak and then just put them in among our clothes, one bottle in each of two suitcases.

Like I said, I hope their weapon security is a little more thorough.

Archived