Name chopped off with half of middle name

elzapato

When I booked our cruise I got carried away and put my father's first and middle name on the same line. I booked online (think traveling gnome) and it fit completely when I filled out the form. After the booking was complete his name showed up with his middle name chopped half off. I contacted both the online booking agent and Carnival and both have said that it's OK-that only the first 10 characters of someone's name will show up and as long as these match his passport (and they do) then he'll have no trouble getting on the ship. They gave the name "Christopher" as an example saying it shows up as "Christophe". I'm just paranoid and wondering if anyone else had showed up with a chopped off name. Since his full first name is on there and then a space and then half of his middle name does anyone think this will be a problem?

I wouldn't worry to much about that. My DH's name actually is Christopher and it always shows up as just Christophe lol. Even on our flights with JetBlue last week on the boarding passes my Dad and his wife's names were all a funny jumble because of the lack of space provided for the new requirement of your middle name when flying. Again I wouldn't worry about it to much especially if you have already called and voiced your concern about it:D Have a great cruise!!!

When I booked our cruise I got carried away and put my father's first and middle name on the same line. I booked online (think traveling gnome) and it fit completely when I filled out the form. After the booking was complete his name showed up with his middle name chopped half off. I contacted both the online booking agent and Carnival and both have said that it's OK-that only the first 10 characters of someone's name will show up and as long as these match his passport (and they do) then he'll have no trouble getting on the ship. They gave the name "Christopher" as an example saying it shows up as "Christophe". I'm just paranoid and wondering if anyone else had showed up with a chopped off name. Since his full first name is on there and then a space and then half of his middle name does anyone think this will be a problem?

Happens all the time. It is not an issue. There are lots of things to worry about but this is not one of them.

It happened to me... I had Elaine Su XXXXX listed and I absolutely hated it... Had no problem with getting on the ship etc but still hated seeing Elaine Su on my sign n sail card...

Went to Guest Services, told them please don't laugh at me etc etc and they changed it without a problem...

So, nothing to worry about....

My passport has my first,middle and last name on it. I have booked all my cruises and airline flights with just my first and last. Never a problem.

Some airlines are now asking for the middle name when booking while others are asking for it when confirming the type of ID that will be used. For the cruises they ask for only first and last at the time of booking and the middle name is added during the online check in process.

Archived