Does a last minute low cost cruise exist for Thanksgiving?

beachh2o

Hubby & I "lost" our mind and thought, "wouldn't it be fun to go on a short cruise for Thanksgiving." There are cabins available, (water view), at this late date but NO DEALS Example: almost $1000 for 4 days for 2, leaving on Thanksgiving Day to the western Caribbean.

We just got back from a 4 day that left on the 17th... going before or after Thanksgiving was much cheaper.... Seems that anytime the kids are out of school the prices go up....

If there are still rooms left, they are probably going to wait until the last minute before they drop any prices for a Thanksgiving cruise.... They know that a lot of families have time off....

If you can wait a couple days there are some amazing deals for this Monday....RCCL Majesty of the Seas 4 day Bahamas for $129.....Celebrity Millennium 5 day to Cozumel and Roatan for $139. Both are out of Miami. The Celebrity cruise is a steel. Too bad a co-worker of mine is already out of town or else I would be all over it.

Well I saw on a site Charleston and Nola had Fantasy class offerings...now a call would make that different but Nola's was 329 per person, past guest inside..Bahmas 5 day..a little better and tons better in a few days...as per Tigerman...Sarah

Hubby & I "lost" our mind and thought, "wouldn't it be fun to go on a short cruise for Thanksgiving." There are cabins available, (water view), at this late date but NO DEALS Example: almost $1000 for 4 days for 2, leaving on Thanksgiving Day to the western Caribbean.

Miracle leaving from FLL on the 26th has a few cabins left.

We have a great roll-call too !! :D

You all are lucky to be able to cruise on short notice & I guess not need to get last minute airfare as well? Nothing for me, even if I got a cheap cruise rate the last minute airfare would price it out of my range.

Your right. We avoid this by driving to a port as airfare is insane for last minute.

You all are lucky to be able to cruise on short notice & I guess not need to get last minute airfare as well? Nothing for me, even if I got a cheap cruise rate the last minute airfare would price it out of my range.

My problem too...but I have some coveted miles and one 400 voucher..hope they will help me preplanned or not..I will get the most bang for them..LOL..Sarah

Golfadj - Good point but for me here in Seattle there is nothing this time of year. Might be something from S. California but that's further than I'd want to drive for a cruise.

Sarah I hope you have good luck using your air voucher. Reminds me I need to call Alaska because they said my miles would expire if I don't add some soon. :( I have a trip on a partner that maybe they can give me credit for. Since they put so many restrictions on upgrading, I never seem to be able to use them anyhow now.

Getting away on a cruise instead of having to cook that ginormous turkey dinner sounds like a grand idea.

No deals during holidays. Whenever school is out - cruise fares are high.

Golfadj - Good point but for me here in Seattle there is nothing this time of year. Might be something from S. California but that's further than I'd want to drive for a cruise.

Sarah I hope you have good luck using your air voucher. Reminds me I need to call Alaska because they said my miles would expire if I don't add some soon. :( I have a trip on a partner that maybe they can give me credit for. Since they put so many restrictions on upgrading, I never seem to be able to use them anyhow now.

Getting away on a cruise instead of having to cook that ginormous turkey dinner sounds like a grand idea.

I was on the Imagination last year and loved the idea that I was laying in the sun, drinking DODs instead of cooking. I'm very depressed :( this year that I'm home and not on the boat and have to cook a 23.5 lb turkey. Don't tell my husband but I'm already pricing cruises for next Thanksgiving :eek:

Golfadj -

Yes friend the rules keep changing and we have to keep up on our deals..some have stopped that use every 3 year deal...check..and we are so that we have of use a couple of airlines here...we just sometimes have to pick Denver, Salt lake or Seattle as first stops...bet similar even up there for Florida...Sarah:o

Archived