NCL Gem shows???

zzee10

Thank you so much for answering me!!!!!! Sounds like a good time!! The shows were so good on the Jewel last year...........so I was wondering what was in store on the Gem this year!

My partner and I were on the Jewel last year, and on the Gem last month. We thought the quality of the entertainment on the Jewel was much better. The performers were more talented and the shows seemed to have a higher production value. We really like going to the Stardust theatre in the evening, but were disappointed with what we saw on the Gem. I realize others were not, and this is all very subjective.

We enjoyed our cruise, just not what we saw in the Stardust theatre. But we found wonderful live music to listen to instead.

I hope you have a great trip!

My partner and I were on the Jewel last year, and on the Gem last month. We thought the quality of the entertainment on the Jewel was much better. The performers were more talented and the shows seemed to have a higher production value. We really like going to the Stardust theatre in the evening, but were disappointed with what we saw on the Gem. I realize others were not, and this is all very subjective.

We enjoyed our cruise, just not what we saw in the Stardust theatre. But we found wonderful live music to listen to instead.

I hope you have a great trip!

This has been my experience as well! The Jewel shows were great last year!!! There are so many things to do on the ship besides shows :-) We will check them out and do something else if we don't like them! Maybe we will have a different view this year on the Gem, many people seemed to enjoy them.

I thought of one more thing to add: On my September Gem cruise, the comedian was a fellow named Jeff Harms. His late night show was very funny. A little blue, but not vulgar by any stretch of the imagination.

In addition to his night-time show, he presented a terrific discussion on the last sea day, (Q&A allowed and encouraged), about comedy in general and famous comedians who we all know and love. This was held in Spinnaker.

If he's on your upcoming cruise I would certainly recommend seeing him.

Archived