The best in your opinion

Sheindoors

We have been on three cruises so far. First was with RCI last year, then Cunard early this year and the last one was with NCL last month. The NCL ship was the Epic and we found it too big. We would like to book a cruise for next year with RCI again but would like a smaller ship. We sailed on Adventures of the Sea last year and not sure whether to stick with her or not. Any information would be greatly appreciated.:)

Di

We have been on three cruises so far. First was with RCI last year, then Cunard early this year and the last one was with NCL last month. The NCL ship was the Epic and we found it too big. We would like to book a cruise for next year with RCI again but would like a smaller ship. We sailed on Adventures of the Sea last year and not sure whether to stick with her or not. Any information would be greatly appreciated.:)

Di

If you liked Adventure, you may want to try another ship in the Voyager class. It would help if I knew the itinerary you are considering.

Di

We really like the Radiance Class ships on RCI. They are a medium size ship at 90,000 tons with 2,100 passengers. We have been on the Brilliance for a Med cruise and Jewel for a Br. Isles cruise. If you don't like big ships, I think you would enjoy these.

Not really sure where at the moment. We want to sail from either Barcelona or Malaga as we live in Spain and it's easier but we are open to anywhere. Don't really want Italy as we did that on the last cruise.

Di

Yours choice for Spain departures are AOS and Liberty of the Seas.:)

If you liked Adventure, I would try a Freedom Class ship. They are little bigger, newer, and in my opinion, have a little better organized layout. Additionally, I wouldn't use the Epic as a comparison to any of the RCI mega ships. While I've never sailed Epic, we sailed Oasis and my wife was worried that the size would be overwhelming. By the end of the cruise she was sold. It's wasn't overwhelming at all.

Thanks so much for your great replies. We are just playing the field at the moment and not sure when, where or which ship, apart from knowing it will be with RCI but there is so much information out there that I'm sure we find the right one.

Di

I think you would be really happy with serenade out of Barcelona. It is doing 12 night med cruises next year. Serenade and all radiance class ships are very nice. Smaller than adventure with nice views of the seas. Wish we could have gone on her next year but it didn't work with vacation time at work, so we will be on solstice's 12 night swing out of Barcelona.

Archived