How to get to the dining rooms?

Immebsmom

This is our first Princess cruise and our rooms are near the aft elevators. If I am reading the deck plans correctly, to get to one of the anytime dining rooms, we have to walk down to the midship elevators/stairs, because the aft elevators do no provide access to the dining rooms? And if I took the aft elevator to the Canaletto dining room (traditional) I could not walk from there to the Donatello dining room (anytime). Have I got this correct? Does anyone have a short cut?

Thanks!

Laura

This is our first Princess cruise and our rooms are near the aft elevators. If I am reading the deck plans correctly, to get to one of the anytime dining rooms, we have to walk down to the midship elevators/stairs, because the aft elevators do no provide access to the dining rooms? And if I took the aft elevator to the Canaletto dining room (traditional) I could not walk from there to the Donatello dining room (anytime). Have I got this correct? Does anyone have a short cut?

Thanks!

Laura

You've got it correct...to get to the AD restaurants on deck 5 & 6 in the Atrium you have to either walk forward on your passenger deck to take the midhsip elevators/stairs & if you take the aft elevators/stairs to the Canaletto on deck 6 then you cannot walk to the Donatello because the galley is between them.

Another option is to take the aft elevators/stairs to deck 7 (Promenade) to walk forward to the midship elevators/stairs.

Are you sailing on the Golden?

The Anytime and Traditional dining rooms on deck 6 are separated by the kitchen. That's why you can't walk from one to the other. You have many options to get to the Anytime dining rooms: the only decks you can't use are decks 5 and 6. You can go up or down to any deck from 7 or higher and walk forward.

I echo what Astro Flyer and RickEk suggest. Walking the Deck 7 Promenade (either inside or outside), it a much nicer way to reach the mid ship Anytime Dining Rooms then walking the long corridor on your cabin's deck. There is a flight of stairs just aft of the Atrium that will be a bit closer then going all the way into the Atrium and down to the Dining Rooms. The entrance to both Dining Rooms are on the Port side of the ship. Be aware though, that one of the Anytime Dining Rooms (usually Deck 6) will be serving Traditional diners at 5:30PM, and won't open for Anytime until around 7:30PM. The other AT Dining Room will be strictly Anytime from 5:30PM onwards. Check your daily Princess Patters for exact time and place.

Thank you everyone. I thought I had read something about this and after looking at the deck plans I wanted to make sure.

Yes, we are on the Golden going to Hawaii. I like the idea of walking the Promenade deck to the restaurant, but depending on the weather and how windy it is, we may stick to the inside.

I also appreciate the tip that the entrance is on the port side.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Laura

Archived