Jewel - Special Requests

B_Mc

Hello, our family is sailing on the Jewel in a few weeks and we cannot wait. Our son still uses bottles daily and drinks 3% milk. Has anyone seen 3% on the ship or do we need to request this through RCI? Thanks for your help!

Hello, our family is sailing on the Jewel in a few weeks and we cannot wait. Our son still uses bottles daily and drinks 3% milk. Has anyone seen 3% on the ship or do we need to request this through RCI? Thanks for your help!

I have never seem 3 % anywhere. Two percent and 1 percent are available in our stores. Plus fat free. I would call RC and see what they say.

Can you translate that from Canadian to American?;):D Is that what we call whole milk? If it is, you can find it on the ship without a special request.

To OP you need to recheck that what you are referring to as 3% milk is indeed only 3%. As "Whole Milk" in Canada is generally labeled "Homogenized" milk and is 3.25% not 3% The USA also has 3.25% Milk and it's labeled as Whole Milk". The cruise ships generally have whole milk as a basic staple.

So it is available on the ship. Perfect.

I knew it was called something different but wanted to be specific instead of getting mixed up in the names. 3% vs. 3.25% talk about splitting hairs.

So it is available on the ship. Perfect.

I knew it was called something different but wanted to be specific instead of getting mixed up in the names. 3% vs. 3.25% talk about splitting hairs.

Not sure who you think is splitting hairs. If you go into any store in the US, you will not see milk labeled as 3% milk. It is called whole milk down here. We also have skim milk and 2% milk on our shelves. Not sure why some have names instead of percentages but that is how it is. I would ask for whole milk on the ship for you child since that is how I have seen it labeled on the ship too.

Archived