Lax to San Pedro pier

mzwaag

We are coming in LAX on a Friday and renting a car for a few days, then on Tuesday bring back the car to LAX and need to get to the pier for our Panama Canal 14 day cruise. What is the best, cheapest and reliable way to get to the pier? Thank you for your help!:)

Best and cheapest are not the same.

If you want a low cost solution and it is two of you then consider a shuttle. I would recommend super shuttle and you can go to their web site at http://www.execucar.com and either book on line or find their toll free number and book by phone.

If you want something more comfortable then get a private car. A company that does a nice job, and provides competitive pricing is execucar which is a subsidiary of super shuttle. Their web site is http://www.execucar.com and you can book on line or get their southern california number and book via phone.

Keith

Thank you Keith1010. We are just the 2 of us and we really did not want to have to wait for a shuttle to have to fill up with several people before we could leave. Family is meeting us at the pier and they have their own way of getting there and have no room for all of our luggage and us! :)

We didn't wait at all for SuperShuttle last March. They quickly filled the van with passengers going to San Pedro and Long Beach and we were on our way. Since it was the day before our cruise no one was going to the pier per se, and we did end up riding along to some others' destinations on the way over to LB. But no delay to fill the van.

Thank you Keith1010. We are just the 2 of us and we really did not want to have to wait for a shuttle to have to fill up with several people before we could leave. Family is meeting us at the pier and they have their own way of getting there and have no room for all of our luggage and us! :)

In the past we have used Craig's limo service, and booked a town car. Very prompt, and very relaxing. Depends on how much you are willing to spend.:)

We used Supershuttle last Oct. We pre-ordered tickets online to secure reservations. When we exited LAX there was a line for the shuttle but with reservations they moved us to the head of the line. No waiting at all !

If you rent a car at LAX, most of the major companies will allow you to drop off at any LA-area location without a one way drop fee. Enterprise has an office near the pier; the others are not quite as convenient and all the companies have somewhat limited hours at their locations near the port. Drop off your luggage and passengers at the pier (or just the luggage), then return the car at a local office. Worth checking into.

FYI on cruise days, the shuttles from LAX are usually nonstop since they can fill the van with cruise passengers. Last tip is to check Karmel shuttle; I've had good experience with them and never read a bad report on the various forums I frequent. (No vested interest in them other than a satisfied customer).

Please excuse me for hi-jacking this thread with a question.

I have had a look at the ExecuCar website and have priced up a journey. What is the difference in the different types of service they offer, Sedan Service $76, SUV Service $106 and Business Express Svc by ExecuCarExpress $55. There seems a large difference in price, what do I get at the different levels. Thanks

Archived