Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale -Opinions?

wendymac

We have stayed there. It was just fine. 3 star property at moderate pricing. There are 3 room types...regular facing gardens, marina on the water overlooking marina and tower which faces the ocean.

It has changed ownership, which I think will be a good thing. It is only a block from one of the main water taxi stops. A few casual restaurants nearby. Further, along the beach you will find others.

What would you like to know specifically?

Go to tripadvisor.com and read some recent reviews.

The Bahia Mar is now a Doubletree by Hilton. I am booked there for 3 nights for my upcomming cruise. It has just had a refurbishing and the reviews are pretty good. It seems to be a good location. It is rated as a 3* hotel.

We have stayed there. It was just fine. 3 star property at moderate pricing. There are 3 room types...regular facing gardens, marina on the water overlooking marina and tower which faces the ocean.

It has changed ownership, which I think will be a good thing. It is only a block from one of the main water taxi stops. A few casual restaurants nearby. Further, along the beach you will find others.

What would you like to know specifically?

Go to tripadvisor.com and read some recent reviews.

I read the reviews on Trip advisor prior to writing my post and there were so many mixed reviews I just wanted to see if anyone had anything more to say - I guess I am just concerned that the rooms may be dirty or not up to par - we are currently booked in at the Fairfield Inn for two nights prior to our cruise in May and when I saw the Bahia Mar the location seemed to be better for a similar price as we will not be renting a car and this location seemed to better for walking around etc..

We stayed there 2 years ago precruise and were very satisfied. Walked to Bubba Gumps for dinner, easy walk across to the beach where we watched the sunrise in the morning, good breakfast in the morning. Since they have changed hands there may have been changes/upgrades but it was great even before.

Well, Keith, you are comparing apples to oranges with that one!;)

No Bahia Mar is not a 4 star resort property.

However we had no difficulty with a dirty room. And I really don't get why that would ever be a problem that lasted more than an hour. If a room is dirty in ANY hotel, a visit to the desk would be my first thought. I don't care if the room is standard or one that is priced premium, a room should be clean. That opinion being shared, Doubletree is a reliable brand and wouldn't doubt that you will be happy there. It definitely is in a MUCH better location for using and walking the beach, taking the water taxi if you want to or catching a bus or trolley to another area. Close to the pier. If you can get a good price for your budget, I'd go for it easily over the other. Location, location.....

After checking tripadvisor, eccept for two reviews, the rest for the last month or so have been very positive. ANd one that had complaints admitted that the management took care of the problem immediately. Big plus!!!

My additional thought would be that since you don't need the room until MAY, I wouldn't book anything now. Rates will be favorable then (all over Ft.L). The marina bldg or the tower is where we would stay, just for views while in the room.

I usually get great rates on Doubletrees at hiltonfamilymvp.com, using my hiltonhonors number (free to obtain one). I don't go for the prepay rates, and check every few weeks for pricedrops and rebook if you see one. I'm not sure if the DT has taken over the hotel yet, but once they do this should work.

Thank you everyone I think I will give this place a try I love the location, especially if we end up coming in two days before the cruise I didn't really care for the idea of being in a hotel (Fairfield) with nothing much around to do.

I think you are making a good choice! Have a fun.

BTW...Montreal is one of our favorite cities for a long weekend. Love that city!

Thank you so much! I have to agree Montreal is a very nice city - lots to do and see and the restaurants are great! Glad to you hear you like it! You must be close by if you come for long weekends :)

Thank you everyone I think I will give this place a try I love the location, especially if we end up coming in two days before the cruise I didn't really care for the idea of being in a hotel (Fairfield) with nothing much around to do.

I think it's worth a stay. Family was there in Oct. for 3 nights post-cruise on a Panama Canal sailing and quite liked it and it was fairly cheap, $129, a night if I remember right. Please report back with your impressions but I'd go for this over the Fairfield.

Archived