HAL Signature Shop licquor prices

doublebzz

Just returned from 10 Panama Canal cruise on Zuiderdam and noticed licquor prices on bottles in ship's store were markedly higher than previous cruises. In fact, prices on Bombay Sapphire, for instance, were more expensive than purchasing it in Miami area. It is my observation that shipboard prices are adjusted based on the ports being visited. In our ports of Panama, Costa Rica, Aruba and Bonnaire, so called tax free licquor were no great bargin. On cruises where the ship visits St. Thomas or St. Marten where prices are lower, the ship's prices are lowered accordingly.

I just checked at our local bj's licquor store and the prices were almost the same as St Thomas on many items! I guess it doesn't pay to lug a few bottles home just to save a buck or two !

I have never found the ships prices to be a great deal on any of the cruises I have taken recently.

On the Prinsendam, dh wanted to get a couple of bottles that he was sure were a bargain (I trust implicitly) so we bought them. and yes, they come home in our suitcase (but we don't put them in until we pick up our luggage from HAL) (KK - Magellans has wonderful bags to pack liquor in - they work great).

Because i don't buy this liquor, I went to the liquor store to check the prices. i can't find the one bottle but the other bottle was nearly twice as much money as the price we paid on the ship. So, in Canada, it seems to be a bargain (our sailing was in Europe):D

Archived