Princess Cay Question

Shela

Are there vendors everywhere walking the beach like there is on the public beaches?

No, it is private. The only people there are from the ship or the islanders that work for Princess. If you venture outside the gates, there will be locals selling their stuff from stalls.

We were just there last week on Ruby. In my estimation this was a great first stop on the cruise to get you started. One of the nicest/cleanest beaches we have been to. Very private with no vendors and plenty of room for the passengers to spread out.

-Glenn

We were just there last week on Ruby. In my estimation this was a great first stop on the cruise to get you started. One of the nicest/cleanest beaches we have been to. Very private with no vendors and plenty of room for the passengers to spread out.

-Glenn

We were on Princess Cay last April and found the beach near the water's edge very rocky. People, myself included, had a difficult time getting in and out of the water, stepping on and over the rocks. I bought water shoes for my upcoming cruise, but I am wondering if conditions have improved. How was your experience?

We were on Princess Cay last April and found the beach near the water's edge very rocky. People, myself included, had a difficult time getting in and out of the water, stepping on and over the rocks. I bought water shoes for my upcoming cruise, but I am wondering if conditions have improved. How was your experience?

There were a few rocks (remember, I am from the Pacific Northwest and pretty used to that), but they were not at all a problem. We both had water shoes too, but I believe would have been fine without them as long as we watched where we stepped. -Glenn

I think it depends on which area you are in. When we were there last we went to the right when exiting the tenders. We had some lounge chairs right in front of a little bar there and the beach wasn't rocky at all.

Are there vendors everywhere walking the beach like there is on the public beaches?

That's the beauty of Princess Cays. No vendors walking up and down the beach. I have always really enjoyed my day there. I'm typically not one to layout at the beach. In So Cal where I live I'm more of a person who goes down to the beach in the morning to walk but not to lay out. However, on vacation I love hanging out on the beach. Princess Cays happens to be one of my favorite "beach days" I've done on a cruise.

I think it depends on which area you are in. When we were there last we went to the right when exiting the tenders. We had some lounge chairs right in front of a little bar there and the beach wasn't rocky at all.

As of 3 weeks ago all the free chairs have been either been removed or now in use for the extra clam shells they rent on that side , so if you want a free chair go to the left side. :mad:

Archived