cash passport !!!!!!!

okydoky

hi, does anyone have any experience of using a cash passport.this is where you load a card with money of your choice ( in our case american dollars) and then present it at the point of sale for the goods/services you have purchased.We are visiting various countries shortly and obviously different currencies apply to different countries.The majority we are told take U.S.dollars and that is why dollars are our choice.But if you only have one currency how does that work in countries where they only accept their own currency.We would like to know if anyone else has used this system and if so was it successful.....

Hi,

I just used one for my recent cruise in $$. Worked really well. All purchases in ports of call were in $$ though. Only issue I had was with the hotel in Fort Lauderdale which placed a hold on $100 and it didn't drop off or get cancelled so I have had to contact them to release it. Could have spent it when there!!

Greetings from Lincolnshire.

You don't say where you are cruising to.

We use a cash passport a lot - most places in the caribbean accepted it and we used it to pay a chunk off our onboard spend. If you are travelling to countries that do not accept dollars it would be better to use your UK card.

Pete & Carol

Greetings from Lincolnshire.

You don't say where you are cruising to.

We use a cash passport a lot - most places in the caribbean accepted it and we used it to pay a chunk off our onboard spend. If you are travelling to countries that do not accept dollars it would be better to use your UK card.

Pete & Carol

Hey..... I recognise that Avatar.... ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived