Your First Glimpse of Your Ship!

will773

Ship Name: Splendour of the Seas

Date: November 10, 2007

Port: Venice, Italy

Cruise #: Our first ever [Eastern Med]

Here is a picture of the ship as we entered Venice via the Ponte Della Liberta bridge from the mainland:

IMG_0378.jpg?t=1323704561

Here is where the taxi dropped us off:

IMG_0380-1.jpg?t=1323704634

Ship Name: Independence of the Seas

Date: April 12, 2009

Port: Port Everglades [Fort Lauderdale], Florida

Cruise #: 6th [Transatlantic to Southampton]

This may not be exactly our first glimpse [pretty close to it], but after sailing on Splendour, Monarch and Majesty, was sort of a "wow is it big" moment.

DSC00080.jpg?t=1323707695

Great thread! Love the pics - especially the one from the airplane! Here's one of the Indy, March 2009. Eastern Caribbean, my third and my girls first! It was awesome - heading out on the Freedom this March.

photo.php?fbid=1105784281377&set=a.1105784081372.18827.1129874523&type=3&theater

OK, I'll have to figure out how to post a pic...

Those are great pics of the Independence! I want to go on this ship so bad!

Thanks :D It really is an amazing ship. The cool thing about Southampton is that the ships are hidden behind buildings, so as you are driving up to it, you see little bits, the funnel, some of the coloured banners, but when you finally see the whole thing, it is right in front of you!

Heres my most recent "first glimpse", and what a glimpse it was. :D

Cruise #26

Allure of the Seas

10/30/11

Port Everglades

P1010002.jpg

This is EXACTLY what my first glimpse was of the Oasis! Too bad it wont let me upload the darn picture! Exact same photo. They look like duplicates.

Legend of the Seas

23rd October 2011

Hong Kong

Cruise 12

391612_2604801723322_1353243683_3009728_2029185553_n.jpg

Taken from our room in the Marco Polo Hotel.

Wow! That's quite a view you had from the hotel room! If only every hotel had that view :D

I don't have any pictures of when we arrived, but I can remember what I told my wife when we got out of the taxi........"Holy **** that thing is huge" It was The Voyage of the Seas out of Miami, August 27th 2001. Cruise #1. I will never forget that moment! By the way, I said that exact same thing when I saw the Explorer of the Seas for cruise #2 :)

Great thread! Love the pics - especially the one from the airplane! Here's one of the Indy, March 2009. Eastern Caribbean, my third and my girls first! It was awesome - heading out on the Freedom this March.

photo.php?fbid=1105784281377&set=a.1105784081372.18827.1129874523&type=3&theater

OK, I'll have to figure out how to post a pic...

I can't see your picture.... :confused:

I don't have any pictures of when we arrived, but I can remember what I told my wife when we got out of the taxi........"Holy **** that thing is huge" It was The Voyage of the Seas out of Miami, August 27th 2001. Cruise #1. I will never forget that moment! By the way, I said that exact same thing when I saw the Explorer of the Seas for cruise #2 :)

Have you been on the Oasis/Allure? :p:D

I am booked on a Jewel 4-day in January. In October I was on the Crystal Symphony Montreal to New York. As we came to anchor off Bar Harbor we saw another ship about a mile away. It clearly said something of the sea but it was a few minutes before I could see for sure that the first word was in fact Jewel, my next ship. I didn't have my camera at the time but did get a picture from our tender on the way back to the Symphony, a nice connection from one cruise to the next. The following day we docked right behind it in Boston.

Roy

IMG_3911.jpg.4e24912f6b891e117fe5fa41ea346750.jpg

I am booked on a Jewel 4-day in January. In October I was on the Crystal Symphony Montreal to New York. As we came to anchor off Bar Harbor we saw another ship about a mile away. It clearly said something of the sea but it was a few minutes before I could see for sure that the first word was in fact Jewel, my next ship. I didn't have my camera at the time but did get a picture from our tender on the way back to the Symphony, a nice connection from one cruise to the next. The following day we docked right behind it in Boston.

Roy

That's awesome!

I haven't a clue as to how to post a picture so you'll have to bear with me and click on the link! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/8949458/Cruise-ships-could-be-shut-out-of-Venice-over-erosion-fears.html#.TuakQH_cyX0.email This was our first view of the wonderful Voyager of the Seas just two months ago, in October. We were on the next-to-last Venice cruise before she headed back to the US. Talk about a spectacular ship in a spectacular city!!!!

I haven't a clue as to how to post a picture so you'll have to bear with me and click on the link! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/8949458/Cruise-ships-could-be-shut-out-of-Venice-over-erosion-fears.html#.TuakQH_cyX0.email This was our first view of the wonderful Voyager of the Seas just two months ago, in October. We were on the next-to-last Venice cruise before she headed back to the US. Talk about a spectacular ship in a spectacular city!!!!

Wow! That's an AWESOME picture!

Archived