Trying to Pick a Cruise

ladytiger96

We are celebrating our 10th anniversary, with 2 kids (9 and 5) in tow. That can’t be helped. J We are interested in the Eastern or Western Carribbean cruise, but have never cruised before. These are our options. We are looking at ocean view, family ocean view, or balcony.

We don’t really like crowds and standing in line, but want plenty for the kids to do. J

RCCL Voyager of the Seas

NCL Spirit

Carnival Magic (Not sure about this one)

Thanks!!!

LT

The Magic would have larger staterooms. It is also the newest of the 3 ships. However, Carnival not the best of lines. Plus that is a huge ship-so crowds. RCI would be the most enjoyable for you (but it is a large ship and you will still have the crowd problem more than likely) and your husband-but NCL has a great kid's club-they will even feed them dinner-then you and your hubby can go to a specialty restaurant, and also have private time in the evening while they are in the kid's club.

Look at other Carnival, NCL & RCCL ships.

I know Carnival has babysitting at night - from 10 to 3AM! That is, I believe, a slumber party in Camp Carnival, not in your cabin. Don't know about other ships. I have seen sleeping kids in parent's arms well after midnight on some ships. How much enjoyment is the parent having luggin a sleeping child around at night?

And I have heard of kids not wanting to leave Camp Carnival when parents come to get them.

Look at other Carnival, NCL & RCCL ships.

I know Carnival has babysitting at night - from 10 to 3AM! That is, I believe, a slumber party in Camp Carnival, not in your cabin. Don't know about other ships. I have seen sleeping kids in parent's arms well after midnight on some ships. How much enjoyment is the parent having luggin a sleeping child around at night?

And I have heard of kids not wanting to leave Camp Carnival when parents come to get them.

Bonnie J. does Carnival charge for evening babysitting? NCL has evening kid's club-no extra charge-not until 3 am probably though-not sure how late-I just know other cruisers we met had dinner in Cagney's at 9 pm while their kids were in kid's club.

We are celebrating our 10th anniversary, with 2 kids (9 and 5) in tow. That can’t be helped. J We are interested in the Eastern or Western Carribbean cruise, but have never cruised before. These are our options. We are looking at ocean view, family ocean view, or balcony.

We don’t really like crowds and standing in line, but want plenty for the kids to do. J

RCCL Voyager of the Seas

NCL Spirit

Carnival Magic (Not sure about this one)

Thanks!!!

LT

There will be crowds on the ships you mention. In my opinion Carnival ships are the most crowded with lines to stand in so avoid that. I would go with the Voyager and be aware that cabins are much smaller than a hotel room unless you get a large suite. 4 of you in one cabin is doable but crowded. Look into getting 2 connecting cabins.

There will be crowds on the ships you mention. In my opinion Carnival ships are the most crowded with lines to stand in so avoid that. I would go with the Voyager and be aware that cabins are much smaller than a hotel room unless you get a large suite. 4 of you in one cabin is doable but crowded. Look into getting 2 connecting cabins.

The Voyager can be crowded-if a lot of staterooms have 4 as was my Mariner of the Seas cruise-3700 PAX on a ship considered full at 3200. The 3 Lido pools and lido loungers were packed on sea days-and the Royal promenade was horrible in evenings-wall to wall people. Of course what we did-is shopped in the day and went to the pool in the evening. I did enjoy people watching from the window of my atrium stateroom in evenings. Many of those have connecting doors. The OP's kids could watch the parades from the window-if they booked those rooms. They are less in price than oceanviews, but the most expensive of the inside rooms. However, better than packing 4 in a balcony room-if they could only get one balcony room because of the price.

I still say NCL is best to have couple time-since this is their anniversary. However the OP should check on NCL board about the kid's club. We did see the couple drop their kids off at the kid's club on the Pearl and then we rode the elevator up to Cagney's together, as we were eating there also. However, it may not be all ships.

Archived