Photo of deck 6 aft view - S class

Travelalot2

Does anyone have a photo of the view looking out or down from a deck 6 aft room? We are considering 6312 - which is one of the wider sunset balconies. Doing research on this board I've read that some don''t like a "blue area with solar panels" that deck 6 aft cabins look down on or a "ledge" that hides the water when sitting on your balcony. Others don't seem to mind it. Looking for a photo that shows what this is all about before we switch cabins.

Don't have a photo specifically of what you asked but we were upgraded to a S1 corner cabin as were our friends. Their cabin was on deck 6.

We spent some time in their cabin and thought the deck around the cabin was not obtrusive at all (no solar panels on the Solstice deck or at least we did not see them). The only thing we did notice was the rumble of the propellers on the lower deck. They did mention that they felt it when coming into port early in the mornings and on one day when the weather was a bit rough, they could really feel it.

The aft suites are all very nice and if you can get a corner one, it is spectacular.

I can't say for sure what the view is from that cabin looking down, but we were in cabin 7384 and 8344 on the Equinox and loved the wider deck. We even booked 8344 on the Eclipse TA this past October. Very quiet in the aft!

Check this link - nice photos of the Solstice:

pbase dot com slash pierce324

Does anyone have a photo of the view looking out or down from a deck 6 aft room? We are considering 6312 - which is one of the wider sunset balconies. Doing research on this board I've read that some don''t like a "blue area with solar panels" that deck 6 aft cabins look down on or a "ledge" that hides the water when sitting on your balcony. Others don't seem to mind it. Looking for a photo that shows what this is all about before we switch cabins.

Have a look at page 5 of the picture link in my signature and there are some photos there. I was next door in 6315 on Equinox and friends had 6312. FWIW I liked being on the lowest deck because no-one could look up at you and I didn't find the blue ledge an annoyance. Lack of cover and soot from the stack was more of an issue for me, but some like the open feel and it does depend on the way the smoke is going as to whether you get soot.

Phil

Absolutely great photos. We are in a corner sky suite on the Reflection in November. Do you remember what cabin number you were in?

We were in 1665. Will the layout on the Reflection be the same as the Silhouette? I remember the Silhouette had a slight variation in the room number (i.e. 1665 on our ship was not the same as the Solstice ..). Also, glad you enjoyed the pics!

PS - as for the soot - we were on deck 11 and we didn't have that much of an issue with the soot. I saw traces of it during our 12 days at sea but nothing that was distracting or unpleasant. You can always ask the room attendant to rinse your deck for you in the event you find it problematic.

We were in 1665. Will the layout on the Reflection be the same as the Silhouette? I remember the Silhouette had a slight variation in the room number (i.e. 1665 on our ship was not the same as the Solstice ..). Also, glad you enjoyed the pics!

PS - as for the soot - we were on deck 11 and we didn't have that much of an issue with the soot. I saw traces of it during our 12 days at sea but nothing that was distracting or unpleasant. You can always ask the room attendant to rinse your deck for you in the event you find it problematic.

I looked at the plans posted on CruiseDeckPlans.com and it looks like Refection will also have 1665 as a corner sky on the Penthouse deck. We are two decks below that in the opposite corner (9376). Thanks.

I looked at the plans posted on CruiseDeckPlans.com and it looks like Refection will also have 1665 as a corner sky on the Penthouse deck. We are two decks below that in the opposite corner (9376). Thanks.

Nice! We originally booked that room on the Silhouette but when 1665 opened up we were able to move up 2 decks. 9376 is a fine room and I personally like where you are (on the starboard side) more.

As I said in my post, your mileage may vary. I had soot on the balcony for about sixty percent of the time I would think. It was always washed down in the morning (when I went out first thing the little hoses were in the hall waiting), but sitting on the balcony during the day I could see the soot particles appear on the table as I was eating my chicken noodle soup!

Phil

As I said in my post, your mileage may vary. I had soot on the balcony for about sixty percent of the time I would think. It was always washed down in the morning (when I went out first thing the little hoses were in the hall waiting), but sitting on the balcony during the day I could see the soot particles appear on the table as I was eating my chicken noodle soup!

Phil

Yeah I think it definitely depends on where you are on the aft. Not sure if it was because I was on a corner that perhaps the wind might have blown it off, or if just got blown to other balconies. I slept on the balcony on a few days and didn't wake up to any soot (or eat any) fortunately! :D

I can't say for sure what the view is from that cabin looking down, but we were in cabin 7384 and 8344 on the Equinox and loved the wider deck. We even booked 8344 on the Eclipse TA this past October. Very quiet in the aft!

Check this link - nice photos of the Solstice:

pbase dot com slash pierce324

Cabin 8344 on the Eclipse in your opinion is very nice with a wide deck.

Thanks for the information.

Where was your cruise to?

Enjoying looking at your videos...just trying to figure out what I am seeing.

thanks!

It was the 11/18 silhouette sailing to Labadee, San Juan, St. Martin, St. Croix, Antigua and St. Thomas ... I loaded some of the videos so far (some stuff from Labadee, San Juan and St. Martin I believe, some of the bus tour stuff was from St. Martin ... a shore excursion we booked to Marigot .. along with a boat tour in Marigot). I have much more to load but they take forever lol

PS - yes, Celebrity soot is top notch! :D I didn't taste a thing! (I think)

These were the exact photos I was looking for. We love the aft on the millie - still debating on this ship though with all of the openness and the blue ledge view. Thank you so much for sharing!

You're welcome :D Note that the vantage point was from deck 11 ... but at least it will give you a good idea of what you'll see, etc. I LOVE the aft area, the next time I cruise I will definitely effort a cabin or suite there again!

Very nice....

Thank you :)

Archived