Our first honeymoon-cruise Help!

alamoalto

Hi, I need your help.

I need your advise. This is our first cruise….we will take it on October (honeymoon). Boyfriend 29, Me 27.

I have 2 options:

1) Star Princess. Ft. Lauder. 16 to 23 october, Pricess Cays, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, OchoRios (Jamaica), 2 days on the sea

2) Caribbean Princess. Ft. Lauder. 15 to 22 october, Pricess Cays, St. Marteen, St Thomas, 3 days on the sea

Which cruise is the best. ? Which ports are the best?

THANKS….FROM CARACAS-VENEZUELA.:)

ALEJANDRA

The itinerary of the Caribbean Princess sounds better to me, but I think I'd like the Star Princess better than the larger ship. Either one will be fun and at that time of year, the ship shouldn't be overrun with children.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Personally, I would choose the Star simply because it has a Sunday departure vs Saturday departure. That gives you an extra day between wedding and cruise and more time to recoup from all the excitement of the wedding.

Either way, enjoy!

Which cruise is the best. ? Which ports are the best?

ALEJANDRA

It's like comparing apples and oranges. Both are good.

• When is the wedding? As stated before, you may want the extra day of rest before beginning travel.
  • What type of cabins are currently available? If you have a cabin category that you want or a section of the ship that you want, that may influence your decision also.
  • Check out the excursions available at each port and read the port of call boards on Cruise Critic. You may find something that would sway your decision.
  • No matter which you choose, I think you will be happy with it. After you make the decision, don't worry about the other cruise ;)

Now, for us, it would be the Caribbean Princess. We have been to all the stops that you have listed. We love sea days. We don't care for Jamaica.

Happy Honeymoon :)

Charlie

Archived