Help!!! Packing and have a Luggage Question!

Immebsmom

I am trying to limit my luggage. I have one large suitecase, and am wondering, what is the maximum size carry on you can have? Does anyone have dimensions? I know it needs to fit through the xray machine where you go into board, but does anyone know what that max size it?

Thanks so much!!!

Laura

Even your checked suitcase will fit through the x-ray machines/scanners. i had an issue with my suitcase once and did not want to leave it with all the other luggage. Security at first did not want to let me put it through but when i insisted, they said they could not lift a heavy suitcase. My DH lifted it ( it was about 45-50 lbs. ) up on the scanner and took it off after it went through the scanner...problem solved.

It's not the size but the weight that they don't want to deal with...lol

Are you asking about how large a carry on you can carry onto the ship? I have never heard of specific dimensions being used, but yes the xray machine is similar in size to what is used at airports.

I would think that if your carry on would be too large in fact to carry onto the ship you could always put a luggage tag on it when you get to the pier and have it delivere to your state room. At least that way you would have done it as a carry on for your flight (I am assuming you are flying).

I am not flying, I am driving but even the car has a limit! And I do not want to exceed it! I think my medium suitcase will work as a carry on and then my large suitcase will be checked. I know it is more width than length that screws things up.

I am not flying, I am driving but even the car has a limit! And I do not want to exceed it! I think my medium suitcase will work as a carry on and then my large suitcase will be checked. I know it is more width than length that screws things up.

Is it wider than 18-20"? If not, I'm sure it will fit through. I think mine was about 18" and there was still room for a larger width to go through.

If you go to any airline web site, they have the sizes for their carry on and that will give you basic idea.

Not really. They give you the size maximum they want you to bring onboard which is significantly smaller than the x-ray machines will allow.

Also, for boarding the ship, length is not a factor as it is on an airplane.

You didn't say if you are flying or driving to port so I think that is confusing us. We are talking two separate things.

I think you are interested in knowing how large of a suitcase you can get onto the ship since it has to go thru the scanner. This question has been asked before but I'm not sure if anyone has really given a size.

You didn't say if you are flying or driving to port so I think that is confusing us. We are talking two separate things.

I think you are interested in knowing how large of a suitcase you can get onto the ship since it has to go thru the scanner. This question has been asked before but I'm not sure if anyone has really given a size.

She/he has said she/he is driving. Size does not matter as long as it is not larger than a 18-20" width suitcase. My 18" has gone through before.

There's no limit on the number or size of luggage dropped off at the pier. Your carry-on must fit through the scanner. Even if you are not flying, if it would fit into an overhead bin, you'll be fine.

FYI, how long is your cruise? Did you know that every Princess ship has self-serve laundries? Also, most toiletries come in travel sizes. :) I've found when packing for a cruise or any trip, less is better. I used to bring everything I thought I might want to wear; now, I bring 1/3 as much and mix and match. I'd rather spend my last day on the cruise enjoying myself than stressing over stuffing everything back in the suitcase and spending hours to do so. Now, it takes me maybe 30 minutes to get 90% done. Just saying. :)

There's no limit on the number or size of luggage dropped off at the pier. Your carry-on must fit through the scanner. Even if you are not flying, if it would fit into an overhead bin, you'll be fine.

FYI, how long is your cruise? Did you know that every Princess ship has self-serve laundries? Also, most toiletries come in travel sizes. :) I've found when packing for a cruise or any trip, less is better. I used to bring everything I thought I might want to wear; now, I bring 1/3 as much and mix and match. I'd rather spend my last day on the cruise enjoying myself than stressing over stuffing everything back in the suitcase and spending hours to do so. Now, it takes me maybe 30 minutes to get 90% done. Just saying. :)

Pam, it is not the clothes. It is a two week cruise, but there is a lot of one way stuff we are bringing. Gifts for the M&G, movie candy, wine, Christmas gifts, etc....stuff we consider 'one way' and then we have room in the suitcase to bring home treasures. My carry on it less than 20" wide, so I think I am good to go.

Pam, it is not the clothes. It is a two week cruise, but there is a lot of one way stuff we are bringing. Gifts for the M&G, movie candy, wine, Christmas gifts, etc....stuff we consider 'one way' and then we have room in the suitcase to bring home treasures. My carry on it less than 20" wide, so I think I am good to go.

Then you are good to go.....lol:)

Archived