Brig Unicorn ever coming back to St Lucia?

Marylandteachergirl

depends on when/if the company who owns her is planning to restore her and put her back into sailing. She sustained a little damage in the hurricane last year and is very old - needs a lot of locing care to be returned to sailing. No idea when - or if - that will be. The other ship is great also.

• 4 weeks later...

I am really hoping they are able to get it up and running, we did the tour on it in 2010 and it was so much fun. My DD loves the Pirate movies and that is the main reason we wanted to have a port stop in St L, but we have 435 days till we sail, so maybe they will get the repairs made.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't think it is coming back. Their website now says the ship has been retired. That leads me to believe it is not returning. Sorry. The other ship, Liana's Ransom is great also. Just not used in Pirates!

Thanks for the update - kind of takes the wind out of my sails :( my DD will be disappointed - but maybe we can pretend Liana's Ransom is the Birg Unicorn ;)

I'll have to see if Royal still has that excursion

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know if this helps but just got off the Adventure they had a tour in Antigua on the Black Swan from the movie. We didn't go on the tour but could see the ship from our balcony they seemed to b having a great time.

Don't know if this helps but just got off the Adventure they had a tour in Antigua on the Black Swan from the movie. We didn't go on the tour but could see the ship from our balcony they seemed to b having a great time.

Thank you so much for this information - my DD really wants to sail on a tall ship - she is a Pirates of Caribbean movie buff!!

I will see if I can find this excursion – do you know if it was through Royal or an independent company?

Thank you so much for this information - my DD really wants to sail on a tall ship - she is a Pirates of Caribbean movie buff!!

I will see if I can find this excursion – do you know if it was through Royal or an independent company?

Check out PiratesofAntigua dot com for more info about the tours offered, ship, and booking on your own.

Enjoy! glad you could find one of the ship!!!

Archived