Which Juneau whale watching tour?

whizkidcat

Hi! We are considering a whale watch tour in Juneau and need your advice!

Which tour would you choose?

http://www.akwhalewatching.com

http://www.whalewatchalaska.com

Perhaps some of you have used these tour companies and have a review??

We have the 2012 Toursaver coupon book and would like to use one of these two companies.

Any help is appreciated!

We used Orca, beyond having to wait for another two groups to join us, it was great.

THey do a great Mendenhall/Whale watching combo

This is NOT Orca Enterprises, if that is what you are referring to?? With Larry Dupler?

www.akwhalewatching.com

www.whalewatchalaska.com

Neither of those companies is Orca Enterprises, the company mentioned in the above two posts. My guess is that the Mendenhall/whale watch "combo" referred to above means Orca dropped you off at Mendenhall and sold you a bus ticket to get back to town.

ummm, I didn't mention ORCA in my post.

I only wanted information on the two tour companies I mentioned in my post.

Thanks everyone

Hi! We are considering a whale watch tour in Juneau and need your advice!

http://www.akwhalewatching.com

http://www.whalewatchalaska.com

Perhaps some of you have used these tour companies and have a review??

We have the 2012 Toursaver coupon book and would like to use one of these two companies.

Any help is appreciated!

http://www.akwhalewatching.com has very few reviews. I was hoping to find someone who has taken their tour.

With whalewatchalaska.com advertising a 2 hour tour, I am assuming it is the total time of the tour, including the time it takes to get out to the area to watch the whales and the time it takes to get back, so this tour would give very little time actually seeing whales!

Thanks for your input!

You can see the bias in some posts. If some people see "whale watching" in a thread, the answer is "Orca" regardless of the question :D

What bias???? I know that "Chip" went with Orca Enterprises and was only commenting that that company wasn't one of those posted. The web sites could be mistaken for similar companies.

What bias???? I know that "Chip" went with Orca Enterprises and was only commenting that that company wasn't one of those posted. The web sites could be mistaken for similar companies.

Really? I (and the OP in fact) both see it much differently:

We used Orca, beyond having to wait for another two groups to join us, it was great.

Nothing mentioned in his post about Orca not being "one of those posted." No mention of the two companies the OP mentioned or their links at all. Some commentary about how they were "great."

I guess if someone were an idiot, they could mistake one whale watch company with another even with links to the various companies being provided, but I give CC posters much more credit than that.

I stand firmly by my statement (and your strong bias is clearly evident in your second post!!).

Very interesting!!!

Their website font and coloring are similar as well. THIS was my point. The dead give away of the difference is the boat photo. But, this may not be known by first timers. Had nothing to do with any "bias" and most likely, me being an "idiot" instead.

I think it is funny that www.akwhalewatching.com has a phone number that ends in ORCA.

Might make people think that they are Orca Enterprises and not (apparently) a different company.

Their website font and coloring are similar as well.

As I said, CC'ers are much smarter than the average bear :) :

I guess if someone were an idiot, they could mistake one whale watch company with another...but I give CC posters much more credit than that.

wow, sorry that your thread took such a nosedive....

In lieu of any helpful responses, you might try doing a search in this forum or on the tripadvisor Alaska forum, using the vendors names. Often times you'll find helpful info this way.

I would also suggest you check them out with the Better Bsns Bureau. Good luck!

Archived