Chef's Table - Spoilers, Photos and Review

italianfemmy

other than jh, how do you make a reservation to the chefs table. i havn't read all of the post. we will be on the dream in less than 3 weeks.:)

we were not even thinking of doing the chefs table until we saw all these great pictures. thanks for posting.:)

Some helpful advice can be found here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/archive/index.php/t-1367129.html

We have the Chef's Table booked for our cruise on the Dream on Jan 21. My daughter is a vegetarian and they very willingly said the chef would accomodate her.

Can't wait !!!!

If they don't allow us to take pics....can I copy some of yours for our album ?

We have the Chef's Table booked for our cruise on the Dream on Jan 21. My daughter is a vegetarian and they very willingly said the chef would accomodate her.

Can't wait !!!!

If they don't allow us to take pics....can I copy some of yours for our album ?

Great photos, I was also following your trip review as well.

I am not a vegetarian, however, I do have a mushroom alergy, and the Chef on the Elation was very accomadating, (sp?sry).

I also notice one of your menu items. Y'all received two different Tartars, Tuna and Salmon. In November on the Elation, we received the Beef Carpaccio, (Raw but yummy), and not the Salmon Tartar. We also did not receive WMCC for dessert, but the dessert we did receive was wonderful. Smaller ship, different chef.

You were smart: brought a camera and asked. DH would not let me bring ours. Hind sight.

What a great review! It brought back wonderful memories of my experience on the Dream. The Chef's Table was awesome! The asst waiter Balazs was there during my cruise. He delivered our food one evening when we ordered room service. Thanks for sharing! :)

If I'm not mistaken I was with Steve and Kim for that Chef's Table on the Pride in February 2011...agree heartily it's well worth the money, I probably drank $75 worth of good wine alone. They were very accommodating of my nut allergy, no hassle at all.

If I'm not mistaken I was with Steve and Kim for that Chef's Table on the Pride in February 2011...agree heartily it's well worth the money, I probably drank $75 worth of good wine alone. They were very accommodating of my nut allergy, no hassle at all.

Haha if you were with Steve and Kim, you would not forget them! :-D

Excellent Photography!

What equipment did you use?

Camera, lens, settings, ect,

I see this question all the time and the short answer is that it varies for each shot. I don't begin to have the time to go look through them all to see what I did for each one. I shot all of them with the 5D MK II and these particular shots all were done with the 50 1.4. However, they weren't all shot at 1.4. The apertures varied. Some were natural light, requiring slower shutter speeds. Some of them were with a bounced 580 EX II flash set at varying +/- manual settings depending on what the shot required.

I want to stress that the settings that are used won't work in every situation. Settings need to be adapted to the available, ambient light, motion and circumstances and that is something you need to learn.

All of my photos have the exif data intact. If you don't know what that is, google it learn about it. Not trying to be harsh, just trying to be helpful and push you in the right direction.

You are an absolutely fantastic photographer. And your pictures were so much higher quality than the ship's photo of the group together. I bet the chef would love some copies of those if you can somehow get in touch with him.

You are an absolutely fantastic photographer. And your pictures were so much higher quality than the ship's photo of the group together. I bet the chef would love some copies of those if you can somehow get in touch with him.

Thanks! I've already tried to find Trevor Fernandes on social media sites like Facebook, to no avail. I did find him on LinkedIn but wasn't able to add him to my network or send him an email. I don't know if he's even active on there anymore or not.

The ship photographer used a pop up flash and of course, it was pointed directly at everyone which makes the light harsh and flat.

I used an external speedlight and bounced it off of the walls behind me or against the stainless steel for the best reflective yet dimensional lighting.

• 2 weeks later...