Chef's Table - Spoilers, Photos and Review

italianfemmy

wow! what a great review! the pictures are fantastic! i don't even like half the stuff and you made me want to try it.

you are a great photographer. do you ever do any work in kissimmee or orlando?

Thanks so much! I will say that despite the photos making the food look good, the food actually did look good and was incredible. Many people use food photography to make food look more appealing than it actually is and that wasn't the case here.

Yes, I cover all of Florida and beyond. :-)

I can't believe they let you take pictures in the galley! I've done the Chef's table 3 times, only once was it in the galley and they were steadfast on the no pictures rule :(

I will say this: I showed the chef some of the shots I took on my camera and told him that I would do an amazing photo review of the Chef's Table experience. Many people have said they won't allow you to take photos and this may be the case in general. I know a lot of Chef's Table reservations have been made off of my review here and my entire Dream review so I think showing photos is a good thing.

I think they may be worried that in the background of a photo, there may be something happening behind the scenes that they don't want the public to see. Or that if they allow photos, people will get up from the table and walk around snapping away and disrupt service, etc. There's really no way to police this well and let's face it, some people will stand on top of another person to get a good shot.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for a great review and pictures. I just reserved the chef table as a surprise for my BF in our upcoming cruise in November. Thanks for tip about getting to the cabin first. Your review gave a lot of details so I know what to expect. I'm like you do not like raw food.

Do they ask a head of time if you have any food allergies? I do not eat shellfish. I only see one shrimp dish so I will be ok with the other foods on the menu.

Awesome photo's. We will be on our 3rd cruise in September and have decided that we are going to do the Chef's table this cruise. My husband and I are really looking forward to it and seeing these pictures makes me glad that i reserved a spot for both of us. Thanks for sharing!!:)

• 1 month later...

After your reviews, this one and the WHOLE Dream review, I have emailed John from his blog and asked about booking Chef's Table on the inaugural cruise of the Carnival Sunshine out of Venice next April. Hope we can get it (and that it isn't on a BUSY port day like Amalfi!)

Thanks for your wonderful reviews!!!

• 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes:Good Evening fellow cruisers

This may seem like a silly question to some of you, but how do I find this John fellows blog? I am pretty new to this site. I am not going on my cruise until July 2013. Do you think it is too soon to book the Chef's table? I loved the pictures and the information on this thread. Just beautiful! thank you for taking the time to post them.:)

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I was worried that this *spoiler* would ruin it for me, but now I am even MORE excited. And I didn’t think that was possible. LOL I am departing on the Carnival Freedom on 9/22 (just 2 weeks away… yesss!!!!) and have already received a confirmation for the Chef’s Table. My mom is a picky eater and I am grateful that she can see the menu ahead of time. Your descriptions, the pictures… just priceless! Thanks again!

:cool:

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I was worried that this *spoiler* would ruin it for me, but now I am even MORE excited. And I didn’t think that was possible. LOL I am departing on the Carnival Freedom on 9/22 (just 2 weeks away… yesss!!!!) and have already received a confirmation for the Chef’s Table. My mom is a picky eater and I am grateful that she can see the menu ahead of time. Your descriptions, the pictures… just priceless! Thanks again!

:cool:

Awesome! You're going to have a blast. The pictures in my opinion are just a mental preparation. But no amount of words can prepare your taste buds for the amazing experience. :) Enjoy!!

• 1 month later...

Alicia

Without a doubt the best single review bar none of all I have reviewed on all aspects of our upcoming cruise( 03/02/2013, triumph)( and there were thousands) I am a huge foodie and when I saw the Chef's table offered I was all over it...( sent John a request and 3 days later got the confirmation). I love cooking and the Food Network is like my "go to" channel. Don't know about most but I rarely have the opportunity to experience that level of quisine, so convenient , and in my mind, a bargain at 75 pp. For me it's not " I need to like everything on the Menu", it's the 3 items you never thought you would like and they just blew you away....

My Wife, Michelle, is a bit dubious?? I'm cautiously optimistic this will have her watching Food Network when we get back home....;)

Thanks again

PS...the pic's were amazing...you have a gift....

I always thought the chef's table

was a bit overpriced for what you get.

I must say after reading this review of

yours, with the exquisite photo's you

posted, I may have rethink doing

the chef's table..

Thank you for the scintilating

review..

When I saw the thread title I thought "But pics aren't allowed at Chef's Table! What, did they sneak a camera in? Oh no they didn't!"

And you didn't. :)

Really cool of them to allow a good photog to take pics. Frankly, this thread and those pics will probably sell a lot of Chef's Table slots for Carnival. It's a win-win! :D

My wife and I did the Chefs table on the Dream and loved it. The food and setting was worth every penny we paid and would do it again in a heartbeat At that time they still did not allow pictures which, sorry I know people disagree, I really enjoyed.

We each received a picture at the end of the whole group which was very nice.

Thanks so much everyone!! Sorry for my absence lately. I've been so swamped with work. But I am so glad to see people are still finding and enjoying this review!!

You convinced me! I am a somewhat picky eater, and I dont drink wine, but you have me sold. As long as I have a diet coke with me, I will try new things. My craziness is I HATE chocolate, so hopefully that can make me a different dessert.

Thank you for all your hard work posting the review!

We were on the Dream in March, and this was not our menu. If your decision to book the Chef's Table was based on this menu (like ours was) please look up more recent reviews and then Google photos of the dishes. The current menu is very different than this menu.

Thanks so much everyone!! Sorry for my absence lately. I've been so swamped with work. But I am so glad to see people are still finding and enjoying this review!!

Question: Can you tell me what time it started, and when you got out? Want to check the kids club schedule, to see if me and the wife can go together