Chef's Table - Spoilers, Photos and Review

italianfemmy

Very beautiful pictures!!! We did the Chef's Table on the Pride last December...Chef Jerry. At that time we had to stand at the steel table in the Galley while the delicious appetizers and champagne flowed. I also delighted in watching everyone working on the regular dinner plates--even saw our waiter on the line!

We were taken to one of the nightclubs for the seated part of the dinner. I agree, this is a fabulous meal/event and should not be missed if you enjoy great food. I do have to comment however, your experience looks a thousand times better than ours (although I loved ours!:)) I think being able to take the pictures really adds to the overall enjoyment of the evening. Great Job!! I recommend the Chef's table to everyone I know going on Carnival. (I hear RCI does a Chef's table now also--very expensive and I never hear rave reviews about it)

BTW: We received autographed Cookbooks and the professional photo at the end of our meal. Do they still give those out to the guests?

Once again, loved your pictures!!!!

Thank you for the amazing phots and detailed review! My roomie and I are getting on The Miracle on Thursday (can we say "happy!!"?) and have requested Chefs Table through John's blog. I sent in the request over a month ago and still have not heard a reply. Did you get an email conformation or just the letter in your stateroom? We are both really looking forward to this experience. This is my 7th cruise with Carnival and I didn't know there even was such a thing till my roomie asked if we could do it. We both have our fingers crossed that we have a letter waiting for us when we get on board!

Thanks again!!

Wonderful wonderful photos!! You are a great photographer:):):) We did the chef's table on the Pride in April and enjoyed it soooo much...

Your review makes me want to book another Carnival cruise!! Thanks so much for sharing:)

I loved your review and especially your photos. The food came to life in your photos. Thank you for sharing. Still trying to decide if I should book this for our upcoming cruise. It will be hubby and me only and it is over our anniversary too. Just not sure how he will react.

Thank you for the detailed review. I have booked the Chef's Table as a surprise for DH on our March Victory cruise. The date happens to fall on his birthday so thanks for the heads up about the letter in the cabin!

baf

Make sure to watch for the confirmation letter and grab it in your cabin before you DH sees it. Alicia was so excited to surprise Latanya and ended up very upset for a time that she found out a bit early.

Have fun!!

Very beautiful pictures!!! We did the Chef's Table on the Pride last December...Chef Jerry. At that time we had to stand at the steel table in the Galley while the delicious appetizers and champagne flowed. I also delighted in watching everyone working on the regular dinner plates--even saw our waiter on the line!

We were taken to one of the nightclubs for the seated part of the dinner. I agree, this is a fabulous meal/event and should not be missed if you enjoy great food. I do have to comment however, your experience looks a thousand times better than ours (although I loved ours!:)) I think being able to take the pictures really adds to the overall enjoyment of the evening. Great Job!! I recommend the Chef's table to everyone I know going on Carnival. (I hear RCI does a Chef's table now also--very expensive and I never hear rave reviews about it)

BTW: We received autographed Cookbooks and the professional photo at the end of our meal. Do they still give those out to the guests?

Once again, loved your pictures!!!!

Kim and I did the Chef's Table with Jerry on the Pride in February. I would not rate one experience over the other (but as you can see, my back was to the line on The Dream). Both were great experience.

We also received a cookbook but many have posted that they have stopped doing this on all the ships.

Thank you for the amazing phots and detailed review! My roomie and I are getting on The Miracle on Thursday (can we say "happy!!"?) and have requested Chefs Table through John's blog. I sent in the request over a month ago and still have not heard a reply. Did you get an email conformation or just the letter in your stateroom? We are both really looking forward to this experience. This is my 7th cruise with Carnival and I didn't know there even was such a thing till my roomie asked if we could do it. We both have our fingers crossed that we have a letter waiting for us when we get on board!

Thanks again!!

If you don't have a confirmation when you get to your cabin, contact the Steakhouse and ask if they have any seats available. I have head from some the Steakhouse did have reservations even if they did not email a confirmation.

Thank you so much for your review - we did the Chef's Table on the Freedom last May and absolutely loved it! I would recommend it highly - lots of food so come prepared. I loved your pictures it was like re-living the whole experience again.

Alicia, thanks for your review! I discussed doing the Chef's table with DW and she was kind of "eh". Maybe after she sees your pictures she will change her mind. Do you know what types of substitutions they make for someone who is allergic to seafood? Thanks!

You are all most welcome!

For our Chef's Table, we weren't given a cookbook. I don't know if this means they don't do it anymore at all or if they just didn't do it on the Dream.

I have heard that they're really good about making substitutions for people with allergies but since nobody in our group needed this, I honestly don't know. Perhaps someone else can chime in here on this.

For those of you that have commented on my photos, thank you so much for warming my heart on this New Year! Happy New Year to everyone. If you get bored and want to see more of my photos, visit the link in the bottom of my signature to see my review for the Dream. You'll have to wade through a lot of pages and I still am not done writing it yet but you can subscribe if you wish :-)

We did the Chefs table in October on Miracle, the did not give out the cookbooks.

We are part of the crowd that says, OMG try it, it's excellent.

The people that balk at the 75.00 charge have not eaten there, it's well worth every penny and we will definitely do it again when we are on the Conquest next September.

BTW the person saying they will do it on the Miracle, the chef was fabulous and he did say that we could take pictures, but I didn't bring my camera because the letter stated otherwise. You will definitely enjoy!!!

Thanks for the awesome picture Femmy, you are gifted!!!

Carole

I'm waiting for a confirmation reservation on the Magic to surprise my husband with the chef's table. After reading your review and the INCREDIBLE photos, I spoiled my surprise, and showed him your review. I just hope the reservation comes thru now :). He will LOOOOVVVEE that experience and really appreciate all the food and the effort, etc..! Thank you so much for sharing all the great info and your photos are unbelievable!

other than jh, how do you make a reservation to the chefs table. i havn't read all of the post. we will be on the dream in less than 3 weeks.:)

we were not even thinking of doing the chefs table until we saw all these great pictures. thanks for posting.:)