Chef's Table - Spoilers, Photos and Review

italianfemmy

We did the Dream's Chef's Table last week, and it was wonderful! Well worth the price to see the galley, and the food is delish! We had Chef Sameer, and he was so nice! :) The menu was the same as described, and from what Chef Sameer said, it is the same for all Dream Class ships.

This is the best review of the Chef's Table I have yet to find. Your photos were excellent... I didn't have any questions! (and that just doesn't happen...)

Great job! You have confirmed my decision to try this out on our first cruise and honeymoon next January. :D

What an amazing review and photos thank you so much for sharing. Are all of the menus the same on each ship? Would love to surprise my husband on the Splendor in July.

Thank you so much for reading and enjoying it! I honestly have no idea whether the menus are the same fleet wide or not. This was my first Chef's Table so I have nothing to compare it to. :-)

This is the best review of the Chef's Table I have yet to find. Your photos were excellent... I didn't have any questions! (and that just doesn't happen...)

Great job! You have confirmed my decision to try this out on our first cruise and honeymoon next January. :D

Haha.. I am one of those people that always has questions too. Not only in reviews but with books, movies, etc. Glad it answered all of yours!

Enjoy it for your honeymoon! And congrats on your engagement (or marriage).

Great review. Great photos also. However it didn’t look like there was anything that I would have liked to eat. We will stay in the main dining room. Thanks for taking the time for your review.

Glad you liked the photos and review. And I thought I was a picky eater! lol. You don't like fish, beef, pork, duck or chocolate? I would think there would be at least 1 dish that would appeal to everyone. :-)

Honestly, if I had seen this review before going and eating the dishes, I would have thought that 1/2 of it would be wasted on me. But I was pleasantly surprised. One thing that the photos cannot convey is the flavors, the textures, etc. I'm not trying to sell you on this.. I am just saying that the thing I learned and took away with me is that an amazing chef can change the way you view certain dishes. I liked and loved things I thought I hated. Apparently, I just hated them in the ways I'd been formerly introduced to them. :D

Chefs_Table002.jpg

Love, love....LOVE this menu!!! :) :D :)

It is the one we had on the Miracle in 2011 - but then I read that the menu had changed. We did not care for the new menu - if seemed like it was a "step down" from what we had enjoyed on the Miracle.

So are all the Chef's Tables back to serving this menu....or are there different menus on different ships??

If this is the menu offered on the Breeze we will DEFINITELY be doing it again!! ;) :D

Glad you liked the photos and review. And I thought I was a picky eater! lol. You don't like fish, beef, pork, duck or chocolate? I would think there would be at least 1 dish that would appeal to everyone. :-)

Honestly, if I had seen this review before going and eating the dishes, I would have thought that 1/2 of it would be wasted on me. But I was pleasantly surprised. One thing that the photos cannot convey is the flavors, the textures, etc. I'm not trying to sell you on this.. I am just saying that the thing I learned and took away with me is that an amazing chef can change the way you view certain dishes. I liked and loved things I thought I hated. Apparently, I just hated them in the ways I'd been formerly introduced to them. :D

LOL...I felt the exact same way when we did it on the Miracle. I went because we were going with friends - I did not expect to enjoy it nearly as much as I did.

Everything was great - but my favorites were the Poblano Soup and the Chilean Sea Bass - NEITHER of which I expected to even tolerate....much less LIKE! :eek: ;) :D

You're sailing her before me? Are you doing her Mediterranean itinerary? I am doing her first full U.S. one!

You can let me know if the menu is the same but if it's different, I want the suspense.

Everyone at our table opened their rolled up menu and read it, including Latanya. I opted not to because I wanted the surprise of what was coming to the table next and not knowing when it would be over! :-)

You convinced me to book Chef's Table on Breeze! We are going Jun 27, 2012, Mediterranean Cruise. I sent John Heald a request yesterday immediately after seeing your pictures and review! ( btw - Carnival should buy some of your pics! They're the best I've ever seen!) I hope to hear from someone, it's something I don't want to miss out on! I will make a note to myself to let you know if the menu is different, (that is if we get a reservation!). Thanks so much for your wonderful review and sharing your AMAZING pictures!

-Michelle D

Edited by mdorbert
forgot to add something

Just back from the Elation. I went to the maitre d' as soon as we boarded and reserved the Chef's Table. I was one of 13 passengers who got to experience this wonderful event. When I told people about it afterwards it seemed like noone knew anything about it. I'm glad I'm a Cruise Critic reader and found out about it.

I also loved that we received a group photo taken that night in a 8 x 10 size and a plate full of sweet treats compliments of the chef on the last sea day.

LOL...I felt the exact same way when we did it on the Miracle. I went because we were going with friends - I did not expect to enjoy it nearly as much as I did.

Everything was great - but my favorites were the Poblano Soup and the Chilean Sea Bass - NEITHER of which I expected to even tolerate....much less LIKE! :eek: ;) :D

:-) That was one of my favorite parts of Chef's Table was being pleasantly surprised with actually loving things I typically don't even like. It just goes to show what experience and knowledge of flavors and textures from an amazing Chef can do to the way we experience food!

• 1 month later...
:-) That was one of my favorite parts of Chef's Table was being pleasantly surprised with actually loving things I typically don't even like. It just goes to show what experience and knowledge of flavors and textures from an amazing Chef can do to the way we experience food!

Thank you Alicia so much for your beautiful pics and awsome review! I am sort of a reluctant eater but just coming across this tread has made me want to explore. My partner and I will be cruizing this July and I know she would LOVE to experience this. Congrats on your 6 year anniversary. :) We will be celebrating our 7 year anniversary on this cruise. Whoo hoo :D lol. I just sent a reservation request for the Chef's Table due to your wonderful synopsis. Thanks again!!!

DW and I did the Victory Chef's table in March and loved it. Your're review nailed it as best as I could have ever described it.

One thing about it is I am not a seafood eater, and as there were several seafood dishes, I thought it would be a waste for me.

But the Matre'D came to us the night before at dinner and asked if we had any allergies. I mentioned that I do not eat seafood.

So for the seafood dishes offered at Chefs table, they prepared a similar dish but with chicken instead. They were wonderful.

• 1 month later...
Thank you Alicia so much for your beautiful pics and awsome review! I am sort of a reluctant eater but just coming across this tread has made me want to explore. My partner and I will be cruizing this July and I know she would LOVE to experience this. Congrats on your 6 year anniversary. :) We will be celebrating our 7 year anniversary on this cruise. Whoo hoo :D lol. I just sent a reservation request for the Chef's Table due to your wonderful synopsis. Thanks again!!!

Awesome! I am glad you're going to try it out! And congrats on your 7 year itch... errr.. anniversary :-) I hope you have a blast on your cruise and that your meal exceeds your expectations!

DW and I did the Victory Chef's table in March and loved it. Your're review nailed it as best as I could have ever described it.

One thing about it is I am not a seafood eater, and as there were several seafood dishes, I thought it would be a waste for me.

But the Matre'D came to us the night before at dinner and asked if we had any allergies. I mentioned that I do not eat seafood.

So for the seafood dishes offered at Chefs table, they prepared a similar dish but with chicken instead. They were wonderful.

They are very accomodating for allergies or even picky taste in food. :-) They truly provide an exceptional experience. It's awesome to hear that you were treated as well as we were. :-)

• 3 weeks later...
Outstanding pictorial review! You are an impressive photographer!

Thank you very much. Next time, if still permitted to take photos, I will take a couple different lenses with me so I can get some different perspectives on the food. I didn't think I'd be allowed to take most of the shots I took and would have opted to bring different lenses with me had I known I could. :-) Glad you enjoyed the review and photos!!

I think everything in carnival is great... and after going thru the details of carnival dream where chef's the enthusiatic chef prepared the sumptous meal i think its the worlds best experieince. cheerrs and keep visting canrival

Thank you so much for the detailed review and the wonderful photos. I'm exploring the idea of the Chef's Table for an upcoming cruise, and this review had def. swayed me, to the positive side!

Thank you so much for the detailed review and the wonderful photos. I'm exploring the idea of the Chef's Table for an upcoming cruise, and this review had def. swayed me, to the positive side!

Keep on swaying! Haha. Hope you book it and love it and come back to tell us all about it!