Chef's Table - Spoilers, Photos and Review

italianfemmy

maybe I missed it but I was thinking of requesting Chef's table for an upcoming cruise with my boyfriend who is a cruise virigin...but he's kind of a casual guy. I didn't see anyone say if there is a dress code ( above & beyond what would be expected in the MDR) Do people dress nicer for this experience?

To the OP, your review inspired me to book the Chef's Table. Didn't know about it til your review. We actually did it twice on a 4day/3day B2B! Celebrated DH's birthday at the first one. My photos were nowhere as gorgeous as yours. Thanks for sharing.

To the previous poster, your "casual guy" will be fine in slacks/Dockers and a nice shirt.

We were on the Dream in March, and this was not our menu. If your decision to book the Chef's Table was based on this menu (like ours was) please look up more recent reviews and then Google photos of the dishes. The current menu is very different than this menu.

I have read that folks who've had both menus prefered the old menu. We just did chefs table on the Pride and we liked it very much. But I think I would have prefered the old menu. So I think it's a good idea to see the new menu before reserving a spot at the chefs table.

maybe I missed it but I was thinking of requesting Chef's table for an upcoming cruise with my boyfriend who is a cruise virigin...but he's kind of a casual guy. I didn't see anyone say if there is a dress code ( above & beyond what would be expected in the MDR) Do people dress nicer for this experience?

Don't be shocked if you see jeans. :eek:

The dress "code" is casual.

• 1 month later...
We did this a couple weeks ago. Just want to say the menu has changed and the chef said it changes every year to year-1/2.

It actually depends on the ship as they will occasionally rotate the menus. I would never have my heart set on any menu several months out though... :)

• 4 weeks later...
We did this a couple weeks ago. Just want to say the menu has changed and the chef said it changes every year to year-1/2.

Can you tell me what is on the menu now? We sail in March and I'm very fussy but really would like to do the chef's table with my husband for our anniversary.

• 1 month later...

I really have no clue how I came across this thread. I don't even get on the Carnival boards very often. I am so glad I did. I love your photography. There are a couple shots I want to jump into. Very impressed.

I reserved our first-ever Chef's Table for our June 1 Elation sailing. It happens the Chef's table on that sailing falls on our 37th anniversary, so seemed 'destined to be'. I dealt directly with the MD on board "Stan the Man" (for anyone who has been on Elation since Stan took over). He was wonderfully cooperative.

I imagined it was probably a good choice..........but I have to say this review and those pictures NAILED IT for me.

Now I can't wait.

I fully understand they are in the midst of a menu rotation, and in fact Stan could not confirm which menu they would be serving on Elation by the time we sail, but the experience makes the meal.

Thank you so SO very much for investing all the time, energy and passion to make your review POP!!

And congrats on being a lovely couple from an old, Southern, conservative Cajun.

Love is hard to find.

Relish it!:)

I reserved our first-ever Chef's Table for our June 1 Elation sailing. It happens the Chef's table on that sailing falls on our 37th anniversary, so seemed 'destined to be'. I dealt directly with the MD on board "Stan the Man" (for anyone who has been on Elation since Stan took over). He was wonderfully cooperative.

I imagined it was probably a good choice..........but I have to say this review and those pictures NAILED IT for me.

Now I can't wait.

I fully understand they are in the midst of a menu rotation, and in fact Stan could not confirm which menu they would be serving on Elation by the time we sail, but the experience makes the meal.

Thank you so SO very much for investing all the time, energy and passion to make your review POP!!

And congrats on being a lovely couple from an old, Southern, conservative Cajun.

Love is hard to find.

Relish it!:)

I did the Chef's Table on the Elation this past March 4th sailing. It was ok. The food portions are very small. The wine is very plentful if you like to drink. I think it a little over price. The over all experience was great. The Steakhouse on Carnival Ships are way better to me, plus $40.00 cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...