Chef's Table - Spoilers, Photos and Review

italianfemmy

This menu (featured on the front page of this thread) looks fabulous! The new one, featured here - http://zydecocruiser.net/menus/chefs_table.htm - not so much. I loathe olives and mango; DH loathes tomatoes and salmon. All of which are prominently included. So this new menu does not appeal to us at all!

Edited by ViolaSwamp

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hot off the John Heald posting early this morning:

Hello John – Is there a new Chef’s Table menu coming anytime soon. Enquiring minds want to know before or cruise on Carnival Elation in October.

John says:

Hello Denise Gregerson,

There is one coming but it won’t be here until the end of the year or perhaps even beyond I am afraid. I hope you have a brilliant cruise and enjoy the table again so please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Best wishes.

John

• 3 months later...
After we had the cheesecake, we were told to follow them to an elevator where we were led in through a back way into the Galley. We walked past numerous employees hustling and bustling through the daily grind, running back and forth to the main dining room to serve the guests.

We were taken to a long table in the galley (kitchen) where we were seated. Each of us had a rolled up menu in front of us as well as a name card.

IMG_9639-web.jpg

We also had.. YUMMMMM-TASTIC Olive Bread! OMG.. so delish!!

IMG_9640-web.jpg

Vaibhav, a Patissier (Pastry Chef) from India brought out crispy bread sticks that he had made for us and offered them to us.

IMG_9641-web.jpg

IMG_9643-web.jpg

Balazs, assistant waiter from Hungary took care of filling our glasses.

IMG_9645-web.jpg

Then our first main course was brought out to us. Latanya and I were served our dishes from this point on by Emiliano, Assistant Cook.

Norweigan Salmon Tartar with Avocado Mousse and Salmon Caviar

IMG_9648-web.jpg

I won't lie.. I actually liked this Raw Dish. The flavors were punchy but light. It was a blast on the palette! I can't believe I actually liked a RAW food dish! Props to the chef!

Never knew this existed...thanks. Love your pics

• 2 weeks later...
Great review! We've done the Chef's Table on the Miracle and Liberty. We've also booked it for our upcoming cruise on the Conquest in 26 days!! :D

How did you book it? I so want to do the chef's table on our March 8/14 cruise on Freedom. And it would be great to book this for my spouse.

I think I'm the one responsible for bringing up this old post, I was researching chef's table and found this thread...not a big deal to bring it back up as others didn't know about it.

You can book the chef's table through the steak house on the ship, just send them an email.

I think I'm the one responsible for bringing up this old post, I was researching chef's table and found this thread...not a big deal to bring it back up as others didn't know about it.

You can book the chef's table through the steak house on the ship, just send them an email.

I am having trouble seeing the pictures. There are many grey squares that say photobucket, but I can't get any pictures to come up.. Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...