Finding out if ship is booked by a company

luv2cruise03

You as a private person will never ever know that information. Just because you dont see any one on your roll call dont mean nothing. Only a small percentage of people look at cruise critic.

If you want to see how well your sailing is selling go to any online agency and make believe you are booking a cruise for your week. If you see less then 7 available cabins then its almsot sold out. 7-9 cabins means there is a lot of availabilty.

On our Senstaion cruise there was no one here. Victory was the same. Voygaer is when we started meeting more people from cruise critic.

If you want to see how well your sailing is selling go to any online agency and make believe you are booking a cruise for your week. If you see less then 7 available cabins then its almsot sold out. 7-9 cabins means there is a lot of availabilty.

PMFJI, but to clarify, I believe you have to look at each cabin category to see if there is inventory remaining in that category. As serene56 noted, less than 7 cabins offered usually indicate that there are only the offered cabins in inventory. 7 or more offered means only that there are at least that many in the category available, but it could be more. The cruise lines really don't want to tip their hand that a category is not selling.

Also, cabins not available may NOT have been sold, rather they may be held by a TA. TA's will hold group space in the hope of selling it (as they get a price break for groups). This is not an affinity group, but simply a way for the TA to reserve desirable cabins and get a discount.

In summary, trying to determine the REAL inventory is a bit like playing the card game "Go Fish" with a 4 year old that gets confused easily. :D

I think cruiselines refuse to offer any info regarding group sailings or potential clients would base their decision whether or not to book depending on "what kind of people" are on the ship.

I've been wondering this same thing. We booked a family cruise on the Victory for August. I booked the cruise in late December and all categories were available. Sometime in January (if I remember correctly) all of a sudden (like overnight) the categories 4A, 4B and 4C were all showing as "not available" for double cabins. This is still the case today. If I do a search for "triple" cabins on the same cruise then it shows availability in all of those categories.

This just seemed sort of strange to me that all three of those inside categories would sell out at the same time. Makes me wonder if some large group didn't book them. It also makes me curious how we will fare with our guarantee cabins. I booked two inside guarantees and one outside guarantee.

Any thoughts? :confused:

I am in the process of booking the Legend for 4/2/2006. I usually like to be mid ship. Well none of the cabins around the atrium from the Upper deck and above are available, which I think is really strange. So I will spend the few extra $$ and go with the extended balcony, but that still puts me further back than I like.

So what are the chances of all those cabins being booked a year in advance by anyone but a large group?

There used to be a website where you could get a list of organizations and companies booking large blocks of cabins. Which ships, which dates, etc. Helps one avoid agendized groups that one might not be compatible with ( I know, "with which they may not be compatible"). I always end sentences in a preposition. Can't help it. :D

I'll look in my archives for the site. You cross your fingers and for God's sakes don't hold your breath. :rolleyes:

I called Carnival's Group REservations before my Girls Only Cruise and asked if they had any large groups booked -- they didn't try to hide anything at all. As a matter of fact, they told me all about the three groups they had booked on our sailing. Doesn't hurt to ask!

Archived