BCN to Hotel on Rambla- Barcelona

Getts

We are a family of 5 adults who will be arriving at BCN on a Sunday and traveling to our apartment which is right behind the Gaudi Palau Guell. This is two blocks south of the Liceu metro station on La Rambla. We were considering taking transportation from the airport to Pl Espanya and then either taking two taxis to our apartment or the metro to Liceu.

A taxi would take the southern route thus avoiding Pl Catalunya and the traffic on the top of La Rambla.

Could someone please give us some advice on the best way to get to our apartment on a Sunday?

Thanks so much!

Getts,

Not sure about the ages or stamina of the adults or how well all sleep on an overnight T/A flight. My wife and I were in Barcelona in October. I sleep about four hours on the flight, my wife zero. I considered the Aerobus, but figured with a wife who had no sleep and suitcases weighing 40+ pounds, I would opt for a taxi straight to the hotel (We were staying in a hotel on Rambla Catalunya). While the bus is very inexpensive, there is the hassle of on-loading and off-loading luggage, then transferring to two cabs or dragging luggage down and up steps of the metro. While a cab (and some are vans) will cost about 25euros plus 1euro per bag, it is worth the difference to go straight to the hotel from the airport. Just my two cents worth but I hope it helps with your decision.

Captain Ronn

I read that there can be no more than 4 passengers per taxi, no matter what size of the taxi. Two taxis will cost about 60 euros, so I'll look for transportation for 5 for around that cost.

Thank you both for your suggestions.

With 5 adults and luggage you may want to arrange private transportation such as a van and not taxis. The private van will take you from the airport directly to the hotel. It will be less of a hassle and may even be more economic.

I read posts about companies that did not have drivers waiting at the airport as planned. Travellers had to phone the company and wait up to an hour for the driver to arrive. That's a problem if the service is prepaid or else I'm sure they would have picked something up at the airport.

Do you have a company you can recommend?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Archived