Specialty Meal Deals

JAMESFALLETTA

Went on Silhouette 12/12 sailing. First night my party of 4 went to Tuscan Grill at 50% off. It was OK but not as good as I remember on Solstice and Equinox. Still a good value at $15 per person, though we missed prime ribin the main dining room that night and it never made another menu appearance.

Another night we got Lawn Club for 50% off. This was great and a fun experience cooking. Plenty of good meat to eat and worth $30 though we paid $20. $40 seems like a stretch.

Final night we went to Qsine. Best we could get was 20% off total bill including drinks. It wasn't worth $32 for the food, but the experience can be worth it if you have a fun and energetic server. We did not, and spent the whole 3 hours wishing we had the server in the neighboring section who was a riot.

In total, we did 3 specialties for $67 per person, while the 3 restaurant package was $99. It pays to talk with the reservationists about specials, and also helped that these restaurants didn't seem too full on that particular sailing, thus the deals.

Similarly, inside and outside bars were offering nightly happy hours toward the end of the cruise. 2-for1 drinks from 5-7pm and again 9-11pm. They must have missed their revenue target as it was the least amount of drinking I've seen on my 3 celebrity cruises.

We will be on the 1/14/12 Eclipse cruise. Yesterday, I reserved Murano for wife and I. Got an email today offering me 20% off any additional speciality restaurant booking for the 1st evening of the cruise. Dont know if I will do this or not, as I like the MDR and would prefer to use our $ for nice Vodka Martini's (for me) and Cosmo's for the Mrs. :)

Celebrity is now offering what they call "Wine and Dine Packages," but don't be deceived by the name. Some of them are just "Dine (Without Wine) Packages." If you book multiple stops at specialty restaurants (SRs), you can get discounts "up to 29%."

The Internet page (a PDF) goes into a lot of good detail, ship by ship, but does not divulge actual dollar figures for the various combos that you can purchase. I recommend that you have a look, and make sure that you scroll all the way down to see how you have to combine SRs (and wine, if you're having it). Here' the link:

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/celebrity/en_US/cel_pdf/Wine_Dine_Final.pdf

How did you get the discounts? Is it something they randomly offer to people individually or posted in the paper or... ? With 6 people on my upcoming cruise I'd love to score some deals!!

Based on our Solstice experience in June and what the staff told us, the "deals" offered all depend on the advance bookings and what they believe they need to do and offer in order to fill-up these speciality dining places. These offerings and pricings will vary from cruise to cruise and week to week and ship to ship. Just do checking when you get on the ship. We had booked Murano in advance on a late sea day for our 39th wedding anniversary. We ended up doing all three of these dining places and enjoyed it very much. We liked the variety and ability to taste and test different foods, etc.

Get more details at:

Speciality Dining Photos/Tips:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1434523&page=2

Below are a couple of my photo "proofs" that we didn't suffer too badly.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 54,491 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Here is an overview for this wonderfully appointed Murano room with nice wood, ceiling, glass, etc., details.* Maximum capacity for seating in 90.* For the last night, they have 30 people on a waiting listing.* We booked ahead which was smart in order to get a specific date on a sea day.:

MuranoRoomOverview.jpg

The “Creamy Maine Lobster Bisque” is one of their most popular starter items at Murano. It is far different from what is served on the rest of the Solstice. It involves seven hours prep time for the different items. The broth is poured into your bowl with nice drama . . . and great taste. There are ten different starter options. You can have as many courses of starters as you wish. I had a second starter of Diver Scallop Wellington-Style. The warm goat cheese souffle is also a popular item here. :

MuranoLobsterBisque.jpg

This was the Tuscan Grille “Signature Creme Brulee” that I enjoyed.:

SolsticeTuscan2Dessert-1.jpg

We will be on the 1/14/12 Eclipse cruise. Yesterday, I reserved Murano for wife and I. Got an email today offering me 20% off any additional speciality restaurant booking for the 1st evening of the cruise. Dont know if I will do this or not, as I like the MDR and would prefer to use our $ for nice Vodka Martini's (for me) and Cosmo's for the Mrs. :)

We got the 20% off email yesterday, too. I thought the food was really interesting and tasty on the first night of our last Silhouette cruise. So, I'm taking a pass on night 1.

However, I may price some dinners later on, if I don't like the MDR menu on a given night.

We did the same as DMK, only on Equinox. We thought it was a good deal. It was advertised, we didn't ask for discounts, but that is something to think about. I think they have turned people off by raising the prices in Murano and Qsine.

I failed to make one important point in my OP that may be controversial.

When we received our cheques at Tuscan and Lawn Club, both showed the original full price, and we had to remind the servers that we had a discount. I have a bad feeling that the discount applies to the savy negotiating diners, not necessarily everyone in the restaurant that evening. In fact, we were able to get a 50% off offer by first refusing a 20% discount from a server soliciting reservations in the elevator lobby on deck 5.

Archived