How do I book the "Best of All" lunch on the Jewel?

Jezo

There were people taking reservations during lunch on the day we boarded the ship and that's when we made ours. I think the lunch was held the next day. You could probably do it the same day but, if you really want to go, I'd make the reservation ahead of time. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Here's a review from another board (so you know what it is) :

We tried out the NCL "Best of the Best" dining event for lunch at Le Bistro. The premise was that Norwegian would let you eat some of the very best they have to offer from their specialty restaurants. At a cover charge of $15, it took little convincing to try it out. Some of the dishes were put out buffet style in the forms of some simple dishes from the Lotus Garden (the Asian specialty restaurant). They were not much better than the stuff from the Garden Cafe- dishes like Lo Mein, fried rice, Kung Pao Chicken, Sweet & Sour Pork and BBQ Spareribs were decent tasting but not what you would consider "best of the best". They also were not as warm as they should have been. On the positive side there were salmon and tuna sashimi on the buffet, and the desserts were outstanding. The highlight we thought was the Coconut Tapioca Pudding dessert that came from the Lotus Garden.

For appetizer we went for the Italian Antipasti Platter (from La Cucina), the Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes (from Cagney's) and the Escargots Bourguignonne (from Le Bistro). The Crab Cakes were the best of the bunch. Since we had eaten at Le Bistro, we thought the appetizer w/ the four cones should have been on this "Best of the Best" menu as well.

For soup we went for the Onion Soup au Gratin (from Le Bistro). It was a bit bitter and salty but grows on you, but we couldn't finish it- too salty. For our main entrees we went for the Lemon Pepper Shrimp (from Lotus Garden) and the Fillet De Saumon D' Atlantic (from Le Bistro). The shrimp dish was so-so, but the salmon entree was quite good- the fish was cooked nicely with a crust but yet not overcooked.

Overall the food from the Norwegian Cruises "The Best of the Best" on the NCL Pearl was a bit disappointing. The service was excellent as usual, however, and there was even small band playing some live music. Since it was just $15 per person, I would recommend trying it out for the chance to eat some of the dishes from the specialty restaurants that you haven't eaten before. The name of the event was a bit misleading though- it definitely wasn't the best of the best, but rather "Select Dishes from the Specialty Restaurants".

Dumb question alert: What is the "Best of All Lunch"?

(off to search . . . :D)

No dumb questions. The Best of Luncheon includes food from all the specialty restaurants. There is a buffet and you can order from a special menu. It costs $15. It was held in Le Bistro when we attended. I considered it the best meal we had all week. We will make sure we attend the Best of Luncheon on all future cruises.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know if they still over a "Best of All" lunch on the first sea day?

Also, does anyone know if you can still get a free bottle of wine the first night in one of the specialty restaurants?

And, is Teppanyaki open for lunch on the last sea day?

Yeah, unfortunately this thread is from 2012... not sure it is still valid although I'd love it if it was.

:eek: I think the answers to your questions are all negatory... free bottle of wine with a Platinum dinner, yes, but not unless Platinum.... but no to the other 2 questions.

:(

Edited by All-ready2cruise

I got excited when I read the title thinking that maybe Best of All Lunch had been brought back ...... sad to see it is a resurrected 2012 thread. We did the Best of All Lunch on the Star and loved it but on our next cruise were told it was discontinued.

I got excited when I read the title thinking that maybe Best of All Lunch had been brought back ...... sad to see it is a resurrected 2012 thread. We did the Best of All Lunch on the Star and loved it but on our next cruise were told it was discontinued.

I agree, I was really excited too, thinking it would be lots of fun, alas... no more.

What I do think would be a great idea, would be to put the date a thread is started in the 2nd column from the left so we recognize right away that it's an old thread and may have invalid information in it.

Happy cruising.

Edited by All-ready2cruise

I agree, I was really excited too, thinking it would be lots of fun, alas... no more.

What I do think would be a great idea, would be to put the date a thread is started in the 2nd column from the left so we recognize right away that it's an old thread and may have invalid information in it.

Happy cruising.

That's an excellent idea!