Jewelry Making Class

Jagggg

My sister & I did the class last year on Serenade...we were the only ones to show up & the instructor really acted like she did not want to be bothered with only 2 people...the 1st class is free..we made a nice necklace & earrings...they usually schedule another class later in the week, where you can purchase a kit & make another jewelery set...last year it was less than $10 for the kit & included a necklace, earrings & bracelet..

We took it on the Jewel TA a couple of years ago, and it was free. The instructor was not part of the cruise director's staff but a fellow passenger. The project for the class we went to was a necklace in which glass balls were wrapped in cloth squares and strung together. It wasn't too interesting to make nor was it anything I'd actually wear, so we didn't go back for a second class.

I'd be interested to know if the classes have changed.

On our last cruise, there were two jewelry classes, with the first being free and the second one having charges. I did find out from the instructor that the jewelry instructor's gets a free cruise for doing 2 demonstrations per cruise....definitely not a bad deal!

Has anyone taking the Jewelry Making Class on a Radiance Ship? How much does it cost? What do you make? How was the over all class?

I was on the Radiance 20 Nov 2011 and took the jewelry making class. It cost $10.00 but for this you got the kit to make a necklace, bracelet and earrings then you choose another kit of just a necklace to take home with you.

They promote the class as 'free' and are given a kit' but you have to commit to buying a necklace (of your choice) at the end of the first lesson. It was well attended, at least for the first lesson, I couldn't make the subequent ones as I was on tours during the day.

We made the bracelet at the first session, paid and chose the other necklace kit then we were told to watch the daily Compass to see when the next session would be to make earrings and the necklace.

So to sum it up they say it is free :rolleyes: but they make you commit to buying a $10.00 necklace kit.:D

It was free last month on the Jewel. It was split in 2 days. We did the bracelet and earrings on the first day and necklace on the second day. I bought the kids a couple sets each for xmas. They were $10. It was really fun up in the viking lounge.

• 4 weeks later...

I went on the Mariner (Voyager class) and it was a $10 charge for the kit. There was a class on each of the 3 sea days, each with a different kit. Each kit was a little more involved than the prior class, so you learned more with each successive class. I've worn two of the necklace/earrings that I made and have received compliments on them.

Just been on the Rhapsody and they did the first 3 classes for free but you only got that part of the kit if you attended the class - attend all 3 and you had the full set from that kit - earings, bracelet and necklace. They went on to do a couple more classes where you purchased the kit for $10 and made that particular one in that class.

the classes were very popular and the number of tools limited - one set of pliars between 10 of us. the classes were run by the cruise director staff - we had Cat and she was fabulous!

I took the first class ("free") on the Oasis and wasn't impressed. We made a necklace out of black cord and "turquoise" plastic beads. The instructor wasn't that great. The second class would have been a beaded necklace for ten dollars, but we hadn't learned a thing about stringing beads in the first class and it looked like most of our time was going to be spent sorting out hundreds of tiny beads by (similar) color.

Archived