Magic extended aft cabins

themnms

Does anyone have any photos of the extended aft cabins on the magic? Not the wrap arounds,just the aft cabins...Also does anyone know what the difference is in these cabins on deck 6 vs 8..Deck 8 can accommodate 3 where-as deck 6 only two,though both have a sofa...

thanks in advance

Does anyone have any photos of the extended aft cabins on the magic? Not the wrap arounds,just the aft cabins...Also does anyone know what the difference is in these cabins on deck 6 vs 8..Deck 8 can accommodate 3 where-as deck 6 only two,though both have a sofa...

thanks in advance

We had an extended aft on the Magic on deck 7. The railing curves way out so the balcony has a much bigger feel. We also had the same cabin on the Dream and on the Magic it was curved more. The Dream had larger balconies in the aft next to the wraps on certain levels which was not really noticeable on the Magic. Many of the slight changes in the same class ships have been very noticeable including different cabin numbers and extra/different cabins between the Dream and the Magic. I assume there will be some minor changes in the Breeze as well

Pictures of the Dream and Magic aft cabins are in the link below on the picture link

We had an extended aft on the Magic on deck 7. The railing curves way out so the balcony has a much bigger feel. We also had the same cabin on the Dream and on the Magic it was curved more. The Dream had larger balconies in the aft next to the wraps on certain levels which was not really noticeable on the Magic. Many of the slight changes in the same class ships have been very noticeable including different cabin numbers and extra/different cabins between the Dream and the Magic. I assume there will be some minor changes in the Breeze as well

Pictures of the Dream and Magic aft cabins are in the link below on the picture link

thanks we had an aft wrap on the dream, but it was the 2nd sailing and the balcony was not configured correctly..

The cabin you had on the magic, was there definately a sofa in there? We were told we would have one on the dream and did not!!

We had an aft "extended" balcony on the Magic in July. I put "extended" in quotes because it didn't seem particularly extended. From the earlier photo, you can see that the railing angles in very sharply, cutting off a good portion of the usable room. With a lounge chair and a regular chair, it was more a matter of hopping over things, rather than walking around the balcony. I didn't hate it, but I certainly wouldn't book one again thinking the "extended" balcony was any great asset/benefit.

We had an aft "extended" balcony on the Magic in July. I put "extended" in quotes because it didn't seem particularly extended. From the earlier photo, you can see that the railing angles in very sharply, cutting off a good portion of the usable room. With a lounge chair and a regular chair, it was more a matter of hopping over things, rather than walking around the balcony. I didn't hate it, but I certainly wouldn't book one again thinking the "extended" balcony was any great asset/benefit.

I really enjoy being in the aft and having the view from both sides...sailing in and out of Venice was amazing

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
We're staying in aft cabin 7466 on Carnival Magic in May and would simply love it if someone would post some pictures of that cabin. Wondering if there is a sofa in that cabin as well.

We will be in the same room on March 17. I will post pics after we get back.

Had extended aft cabin 8468 on Carnival Magic. Cabin has a sofa and is your typical balcony cabin. However, our balcony was larger than the other aft balconies. That being said, I would not pay extra for these aft balconies--yes they are larger than a regular balcony, but nothing like an aft balcony on RCCL. We also had problems with cigar ashes and soot.

• 2 months later...

Porchcruiser that would be great and so appreciated to see the photos of your aft cabin. Did you have a good time? I'm so looking forward to our cruise. This will be our 3rd cruise and 2nd time to stay in an aft cabin room. Our last cruise was on Royal Caribbean and the aft cabin worked out great and it was so nice dining on it as well.

Porchcruiser that would be great and so appreciated to see the photos of your aft cabin. Did you have a good time? I'm so looking forward to our cruise. This will be our 3rd cruise and 2nd time to stay in an aft cabin room. Our last cruise was on Royal Caribbean and the aft cabin worked out great and it was so nice dining on it as well.

The afts on carnival are nothing at all like Royal. Your table will be a small parsons type table... nothing that you can sit at and eat.

GolfPCCC, if we have a problem with soot guess I'll report that and see what Carnival is willing to do. I just hope the Magic doesn't end up in the news with engine problems or whatever!!! LOL!!! I'll be P____ed if that happens. :p

Serene56, I'm usually the only one who eats on the balcony because my husband likes to go to the buffet for breakfast. If we had friends going, having a small table on the balcony would be a concern.

Are the chaise loungers on the aft balconies or just chairs?

Not all sofas can be converted to a sofa bed maybe that is why.

But the cabins located in the middle of the deck will more more narrower- will have chairs instead of a sofa.

This is absolutely not true. We had cabin #7466 on the Magic, which is dead in the center of the aft row, and our cabin had a sofa and was not any more narrow than the other cabins, plus it had extra square footage because of the way the that aft cabins bow out. The aft cabins in the center have more square footage than those at the ends (next to the wraps).

To the OP - here is a link to a thread where I posted pics of cabin 7466 showing the extra 4-5 feet of space between the sofa and the bed. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33908396&postcount=2

Does Carnival Magic cabin 7466 have a lounger chair on the balcony? We have that cabin booked for the May 12 cruise to Key West, Nassau and Freeport.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that it did when I had that cabin. I think it had 2 chairs.

We will be in the same room on March 17. I will post pics after we get back.

We had 9475 which meant no sofa. So some reasons the higher up AFTs with wrap around balconies have no sofa but the extended wrapped balcony more than made up for it. Here are a few pics...

Door leading to balcony. Bathroom is to the right.

DoorwaytoAFTbalcony_zpsb1e6e189.jpg

Our desk/vanity area

MagicVanity_zps9d047dbf.jpg

Our only table:

viewoftableinmagicstateroom_zps4f75e429.jpg

The bed setup:

Cabin1onMagic_zpsdfaa549e.jpg

Hallway with closets to the left:

EntrancetocabinonMagic1_zps41a9dc99.jpg

And the cabinet with our safe:

Magiccabinet_zpsb92c250f.jpg

• 1 month later...

We just returned from our May 12th cruise on the Magic to Key West, Nassau and Freeport. We stayed in aft cabin 7466 and were happy with it and the room stewards. On the balcony was a regular chair, a reclining chair and a lounger and a table. It was of ample size and the cabin was a bit longer. There's more space between the sofa and the bed. We had our bed converted to a king bed. Oh yes, make sure you call Carnival to request a king bed. I thought I had changed it online, but every time I went back to check, it had gone back to 2 twin beds. So, the guy at the call center told me that if he changed it, it wouldn't change back to 2 twins...and it was certainly true.

I asked for a pad for the bed and it was on it the same day by the time of their turn-down service.

I noticed some cutbacks in the buffet and food service around the pool area. I have a more detailed review, but can't seem to find it on this website.

So, if anyone has 7466 booked for a future cruise, I'll try to help you in any way to answer any questions you may have regarding that cabin.

• 4 weeks later...

I still don't have any photos to post of the cabin and balcony, but hope to soon.

The balcony has a regular chair, a reclining chair, a reclining lounger and a table.

There is extra space between the sofa and the bed. For us, we had plenty of room.

2 robes are available, so if you use robes save that space in your suitcase for something else.

If you like room service breakfast, it's a continental type but with many choices. I only order rm svc breakfast and have never ordered lunch or dinner. I'm not a morning person, so having coffee, etc., in the cabin or on the balcony was so very nice and relaxing.

Be patient and polite standing in the buffet and various food lines...everyone is on vacation and trying to relax...lines are just part of being on a ship as large as the Magic. The ship's employees work very hard and appreciate being thanked for their work -- you may even just make their day by a few kind words.

Archived