Capital Jazz Supercruise 2012

policecruiser

Ms411..I sort of figured that might have been your issue..it gets even more complicated when 3 separate cabinmates split the cost in thirds and then 1 pulls out before final payment which means the remaining two have to ante up more $$$$ each (double occupancy rate) or find a new cabinmate and pay the penalty name change.

That's why when you do the more then 2 in a cabin route, you might designate one roommate to collect $$$$$ from the other two and make one payment or pay thru a travel agent who will forward the payment to Capital Jazz when all 3 paid. This is true of a normal cruise also

Weekendlady....small world, that happen to me also the first year I went, because I made small payments ( less then the required minium) between the time of my deposit in July and the first installment in January. I paid by debit card, fax them a copy of my statement and it was fix by my next month's invoice. Now, I make my deposit (1/3) save up my play $$$$ and make my next payment in Jan (1/3) and pay the balance over the next two months

Ms 411..if you are nice enough to make me a teeshirt, it should have a picture of Chante Moore with the caption "Chante 's SuperCruise Man".....lol....

hattack, you touched another nerve. I wanted to book through my travel agent here, because I know that's the best way to avoid all this confusion. That didn't go well, either, (long boring story) and it just gets worse.

I shouldn't have to do accounting for them. We made reservations in different names, so payments should apply to the cabin and to the individual. I'm pretty sure that's what the subtotal function in Excel can easily do, so it's hard for me to figure out why they can't figure it out.

Oh well. The only other thing that they could screw up is not having our names forwarded to Carnival when the manifest is due. But, I don't have a bad feeling about that.

Always remember this is your vacation time, so if you are having doubts, you should cancel (I am assuming you purchased trip insurance) now and pursue other options.The Capital Jazz staff keeps a waitlist for those seeking roommates so I'm sure you won't leave your cabinmates in a lurch

Eight Days/Nights on a cruise ship where one is not happy with their choice can be a living nightmare. The SuperCruise is only one of many full charter music cruise options that you can pursue, but I would bet each option have their challenges. Just have to find one that works for you.

Good luck

hattack, I can't leave my roommates in a lurch, so I have no choice. But, this cruise may just test our 20 year friendship.

I did this cruise 2011. Capital Jazz will work out the kinks. I just saved the copy of each payment I made and checked them against the invoices. I too emailed and left a voice mail to address my concerns. Within 48 hours someone returned both messages and was kind enough to verify each payment.

You will have a wonderful time on the cruise. No it is not booked in the way most cruises are but the venues are also not like other cruises. Events start as early as 7am and the last scheduled event is 2am. You will be able to make suggestions as the Capital Jazz staff is always available on board.

You and your friend of 20 years will find this cruise will give you some awesome memories to look back on and cherish! My husband grins whenever we reflect. The billing gets much better as the summer approaches. You will find some people decide not to attend some room categories open up and with final payments comes smooth sailing. Once Will Downing starts singing these early mishaps are easily forgotten. Have a great cruise!

Thanks, mrsbuddha. Yes, Will just might soothe this savage beast! Thanks for the reminder.

Really wish I were going this years line up is dynamic! Have one Miami Vice strawberry daquiri(sp?) pina colada in the same glass...they will make a virgin drink if you alcohol does not appeal.

Ms 411..patience, and wait for the 2nd invoice to come on April 15th, to give them the opportunity to fix your issue..I have confidence your issue will be resolved..if it helps, I have not received my first invoice yet, but I won't begin to worry unless I have not received mine by April 15th and I am paid in full

Vivavegas..I LOVED going on the Smooth Jazz Cruise the year I went had Wayman Tisdale (his last before his unfortunate death) and Dave Koz ( we are going on his 2013 cruise out of Venice) as co-hosts. We tried the Capital Jazz SuperCruise IV (2010) because of the line up (incredible) and became hooked. If I had the $$$$$$, I would do both every year. I would compare the two in my New Orleans "lingo". The Smooth Jazz Cruise is like a fine bottle of wine with a great meal. Capital Jazz SuperCruise is like a spicy great Gumbo topped with lagnaippe (something extra as a bonus). Many of our favorite artists have performed on both cruises . The "gumbo" on the SuperCruise is that the artists represent a much broader spectrum of music styles (old school,funk,neo-soul,gospel,fusion,British soul,smooth jazz,straight ahead,classical,go-go), the "lagnaippe" are artists you would not expect to see on a smooth jazz/soul oriented music cruise (opera-3 Mo Tenors, dance-

Step Afrika, internet trending jazz-Bob Baldwin) and my personal favorite the Underground Lounge artists that introduces you to neo-soul artists that are up and coming and I become a fan of (my favorites from last year's cruise were Angela Johnson, Carol Riddick, Frank McComb and Eric Roberson). Last year we were Blessed with Savion Glover (the Tap Dance Kid) performing with George Duke playing (incredible). On the other hand I loved seeing my favorite artists playing on the Smooth Jazz Cruise which gave me a very comfortable feeling. The other major difference is the size of the ship (Carnival Freedom is 3200, Holland American Westerdam 2250) and there is a different energy level driven in part by the activities onboard and the mixture of artists at the Midnight Jam Sessions

I would strongly urge you to try the Capital Jazz SuperCruise either this year (there will be cancellations, so get on the waitlist) or nect year. Another "lagnaippe" is that the SuperCruise is 8 days/nights, the Smooth Jazz Cruise is 7 both both are about the same price.

e price. SuperCruise also has Angela Stribling as a hostess just adds a dash of seasoning

I love the fresh taste of the mojitos. Tried the mixes, and they are AWFUL! Nothing beats that fresh lime and mint. mmmmmm!!

I got an email from, I guess, Capital Jazz, acknowledging my email with a promise to send a corrected invoice. She won't be able to do it, though, until next week.

A dress I was thinking about buying for the trip sold out! Now what am I going to wear???!! So far, haven't found it online, either. The hunt continues....

I love the non alcoholic fruit flavor smoothies (that cost as much as the alcoholic ones))

Ms411...with an extra night this year means we will have a new theme night..I notice on the survey they were asking for suggesstions. I suggested a Rio Carnivale theme with the dance schools. I went to Rio during Canival in 1989 and still have not recovered

I love the fresh taste of the mojitos. Tried the mixes, and they are AWFUL! Nothing beats that fresh lime and mint. mmmmmm!!

I got an email from, I guess, Capital Jazz, acknowledging my email with a promise to send a corrected invoice. She won't be able to do it, though, until next week.

A dress I was thinking about buying for the trip sold out! Now what am I going to wear???!! So far, haven't found it online, either. The hunt continues....

I am so happy the folks have finally got back to you! You will find lots of dresses before you leave in Oct.

The past two cruises we have had the following theme nights....a) black&white 2) , 70's night (including a soul train line contest walk), 3) favorite team night (for the tailgate party)

there is no "formal" dress up theme night (most folks use the black/white theme for that)

The rest of the nights are smart casual and lots of folks like the caribbean look. This makes packing alot easier. Most folks get into the theme dress but alot don't. By far the most popular theme night is the 70's night and the shows are geared to that theme all evening. With George Clinton & P-Funk onboard this year 70's night will be very interesting, to say the least.

If you view the photo gallery on the website for all of the past SuperCruises, you will have a really good sense of what folks wear . Remember the 3 islands that we visit have great beaches

hattack, you just don't "get" me at all. I'm hoping to have my own "theme" dresses for this cruise that have nothing to do with Capital Jazz themes.

We (my "jazz advisor" and I) are convinced that though you may not be on the payroll for Capital Jazz, you're probably compensated by them in some fashion for your constant promotion of them. Could that be why you're already paid in full for this cruise? I doubt that you'll ever admit your true roll, but until you start being more objective about the music cruises, I'm not "listening" to anything you have to say about them at this point.

I'll probably add to some of the "themes" with the help of one of my cabinmates. We're working on an "outfit" to wear now.

You know, it's kind of interesting that almost everybody I've communicated with about this cruise is more on "island time" than I am, and I LIVE ON A CARIBBEAN ISLAND!

How many times have I read/heard that I have X number of months to straighten out the billing or get my dresses? Well, I live by a different ***** - tomorrow is promised to noone, and don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today. I like to get things resolved quickly so I can move on to the next "challenge." So far, Capital Jazz is the only outstanding "challenge" at this point, because they have this lack of communication problem and a Flintstones accounting system.

I have 3 vacations booked so far for this year, and this is the only one I have issues with.

So, hattack, unless you have something new to add, please don't repeat your sales pitches for Capital Jazz to me. I've already heard them at least 3 times now.

I just got another email from Capital Jazz, and they must be on drugs, or they have interns working for them. I now am ready to forfeit all the money I've paid just to not have to deal with them any more.

The email says I should have received corrected invoices by now. Well, I haven't.

I am almost in tears over this cruise, because it's been a nightmare from the beginning.

At this point, I don't even care if our 20 year friendship survives this cruise. I don't want to have anything else to do with Capital Jazz, and whatever it takes to get out of this is what I'm willing to sacrifice.

This is the last theme cruise for me.

Archived