Carnival Valor--tell All Thread !!!!

ToniH

Two years ago when I booked my Destiny cruise, the Destiny-Past, Present and Future Thread (which is still going strong) was so full of helpful information and reviews that my Destiny cruise went off without a hitch and we had the best time ever, thanks to all the information given.

Now since we have booked a cruise on the Valor for next year, I would like to start a Valor thread. So please post your Reviews, questions and any other helpful hints here so that we can all find the information in one place. If you are a future cruiser, please feel free to let us all know when you are sailing, so we can say BON VOYAGE and then when you return, please post your REVIEW!!!!

ME AND HUBBY AND ANOTHER COUPLE ARE SAILING APRIL 23, 2006.......

Thanks

ToniH

All I can say is we had an awesome time on our first-ever cruise. The ship was awesome and we had seven days of sunshine. The food and service was awesome (I'm still trying to get back to pre-cruise shape) and the staff was great. You will absolutely love Josh and Calvin(Cruise Director and Activity Director) - there is always something going on. Also, realize that you make your own vacation on what interests you - to get involved or lounge by the pool. The best advice I can give you is that on sea days, people will save chairs on deck before 7:00 am and if you don't get up with them, you will have a hard time getting a chair. Also, you can buy those drink tickets on the carnival website and they are good for those frozen drinks of the day!:D

Thanks treschicas for the review and glad you had a great time!! That first cruise will always be special......

Anything you can share on the ports or the vibrations on the ship that we have heard so much about would be great.

ToniH

We booked all of our excursions on our own and saved a lot of money.

In Belize we did Xstream cavetubing and it was wonderful. We saved $30 per person and did 2 caves instead the one that Carnival does. Van was air conditioned and guides were great. When tendering, get in line for tender ticket by 8:00 am - they will start giving them out at 8:30. If you don't get an early #, just show your tour booking confirmation and they will let you in.

In Roatan Island, we booked Bodden Tours. They had an english speaking driver inside the gates. It was $30/person and he took us around the whole Island. There were cabs outside the gates, but we didn't see any that spoke english and they were charging $25 /person. We did the Palmetto Bay Canopy Tour(The newest one with 20 platforms). He ended up to be our interpreter and photographer. He was awesome. Then he showed us around the Island and took us to Half Moon Beach and went snorkeling. It wasn't very crowded and it was great. We then went shopping near the pier.

In Grand Cayman, we booked Captain Marvin's Stingray Tour. This was our best snorkeling by far. They provided an underwater videographer and this was our only footage of our cruise. I wanted to enjoy the vacation and not spend it looking through a lens. This was the best souvenir - it arrived a week after we got back and the kids were so excited (nice music too!)

In Cozumel, we were exhausted after all of the other excursions so we did the all inclusive at Nachi Cocum. Book in advance if you plan to do this - it is cheaper that way. Then of course there is Carlos & Charlies or Senor Frogs.

On decks 6&7 (possibly 5 also) all the way forward, there is a door that lets you get to the front of the ship. VERY dark at night, and great for stargazing.

The karokee in Paris Hot gets a slow start, but once it gets going, it is a blast, some really good singers on the ships. Under 18 must be out by 11:00 p.m though.....

BK

We will be sailing on the Valor on May 8th!!

IT'S RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!

There have been quite a few reviews of the Valor since it has started sailing.

There are always a lot of mixed reviews, especially when it comes to the food, and the shows.

It seems there are some good shows to see. I have read about an 80's show, that is supposed to be really good. Big hair, and leg warmers!

That's right from my era! We will be seeing that one for sure.

Archived