Booking with PVP

bigd332

Only advantage I have found is that sometimes a room does not show available on line, but if you call the PVP, they can get it for you. Not sure why this is, but if you have a specific cabin in mind.....PVP can come in handy.

Other than that, I see no advantage.

Are there any advantages to booking with a PVP versus doing it yourself at the Carnival website. I have always booked it myself at the website.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.066639,-88.207888

I like the personal attention our PVP gives. She has all our info on

file and I just call her to tell her which ship and date. She gets back

to me with best rates; for us, military or past guest, cabins available, we

usually book two. I can call her at any time to see if the price has

gone down and she'll check the rates again. She has saved us $$

on 3 of our cruises after booking. Although it is not needed she calls

about 5 days before final payment is due to remind us.

Using a PVP works for us!!!

It's a lot easier to book multiple cabins with a PVP then it is on line.

We used a PVP to book 4 cabins. He was a great help finding cabins for the senior citizens in our group that had trouble walking. My PVP also made me aware that permission was needed from my soon to be son in law's parents for him to sail with us. Apparently, Carnival needed to cover their backside since he was not 21 and was sailing with non relatives. I asked his parents to call my PVP to give permission and they ended up booking too! The PVP got all 11 of us linked together for dining times and seating. He did a great job and answered the myriad of questions I had.

I have booked both through my PVP, and through the 800 line (where ya just get whomever answers the phone).

Not sure there is any advantage with my PVP - he's okay but not the extra mile others talk about.

For our last cruise, he said about three times that he would keep an eye out for price drops and let us know. Not one call, but 6 price drops that we found on our own.

I might just take my chances on the 800 line from now on, we'll see.

If you're a past guest, sometimes your PVP can get you upgrades, or other bonuses.

As a past guest you can get the same upgrades if you book it yourself online.

I don't know what other kinds of bonuses you are referring to but usually whatever it is it is nothing you can't get by booking yourself.

Bill

I'm surprised by the people whose PVPs don't do anything for them. An example of ours: we just booked a cruise with him, and he got us an 8c select for the price of an 8a guarantee. Don't know if we're allowed to name names, though.

Your PVP didn't do anything special for you.

You could book direct or with an online travel agent and get the same deal.

For instance I just checked an online agency for the Destiny March 10, 2012.

A balcony guarantee and an 8C are both $639.

Unfortunately we are not allowed to name travel agents, or PVPs by name or mention the names of travel agencies. :)

Bill

I did get your point, you found the same price for both categories. When I priced it on the Carnival site before calling my PVP, I didn't. So maybe I entered it wrong, or maybe I was online at the wrong time, but he did do something for me, since I couldn't do it for myself.

Thanks for your well wishes. I certainly will. :)

We booked our first cruise thru a PVP after browsing the website.

Booked our upcoming cruise online and except for the personal touch did not see any benefit using a PVP. Besides it's easier to delete emails then answer repetitive calls from a PVP trying to sell a cruise. :D

The most basic reason? When you book online, no one gets credit. PVP's have numbers they have to hit every month to keep there jobs and make money. Why wouldn't you give your business to a human with bills to pay? As someone in sales, I never book online.

If I knew of a good one I would go that route but like one of the other posters said, their PVP promised to look out for cheaper prices for them but never called them once bt they found six price drops on their own.

Why reward somebody for that? They basically took the order and washed their hands of the person while making promises they didn't keep.

I know their are plenty of great ones but since i don't know of any and people can't recommend one here I'll continue to book on my own.

Bill

Archived