Pacific Jewel Deck 6

resordanis

Hi all, We are going on Pacific Jewel in April and this time taking one of our daughters with her family for their first cruise. The cheapest O/V for 4 available is on Deck 6. My question is ....should they be concerned with noise from above? I wasn't sure, so have said nothing, but have waitlisted them for deck 5. I was hoping that someone that has stayed on deck 6, might be able to comment.

Thanks

It depends where you are on that deck. If you are under the Marquee Theatre you will probably hear some noise when the shows are on, but they finish at a reasonable time at night. I don't think there would be much noise from the 'middle' part of the ship.

Enjoy your cruise.

It depends where you are on that deck. If you are under the Marquee Theatre you will probably hear some noise when the shows are on, but they finish at a reasonable time at night. I don't think there would be much noise from the 'middle' part of the ship.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hi,

They will be in 6138. It looks to be okay, but not sure, as I always prefer a deck above with cabins only!

Hi,

They will be in 6138. It looks to be okay, but not sure, as I always prefer a deck above with cabins only!

the only thing to watch out for if you get any noise from Connexions Bar as that can get very noisy

the only thing to watch out for if you get any noise from Connexions Bar as that can get very noisy

Yes, that is my concern. As it is their first cruise, I want it to go all okay!

I guess we just have to hope that another 4 berth cabin becomes available on another deck! Thanks

Hi

We had 16 nights in cabin 6218 on the Jewel last year and it was great. So handy and convenient and very quiet.

Hope this helps allay your concerns.:)

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for that, I now feel so much better. As it is there first cruise, I want all to be okay for them.

Cheryle

were you in the same cabin and same cruise?

If you meant Megagirl and Slasher, you must not have read the posts properly:). Maybe you were just making a joke, but didn't indicate that.;)

Megagirl was in the cabin for a 16 night cruise in October and Slasher was there for a 12 night New Years eve cruise.

Just got back from our new years cruise, guess what cabin 6218 :)

Hey, what a coincidence. Did you have Girlie as your cabin steward? :) We felt a bit funny calling her that. Sounded a bit like something you would call a servant in the south of the US.:eek:

But we thought the location was great. Just up the stairs to the dining room, and just down the stairs to the internet and coffee shop etc.

Jenny

Hey, what a coincidence. Did you have Girlie as your cabin steward? :) We felt a bit funny calling her that. Sounded a bit like something you would call a servant in the south of the US.:eek:

But we thought the location was great. Just up the stairs to the dining room, and just down the stairs to the internet and coffee shop etc.

Jenny

Thanks for the information on deck 6. I won't have any concerns now about this location for my family.:)

Jenny

we actually had 2 cabins 6218 and 6166, my wife and i stayed in 6166 and my 17,15 year olds stayed in 6218, yes girlie was the cabin steward. We had Dave, who was great, we've been on 3 cruises and he was the best we'd come across

we actually had 2 cabins 6218 and 6166, my wife and i stayed in 6166 and my 17,15 year olds stayed in 6218, yes girlie was the cabin steward. We had Dave, who was great, we've been on 3 cruises and he was the best we'd come across

I booked another cruise yesterday to take advantage of half-price deposits and got my cabin number today from the agent.

Unbelievably we're in cabin 6218 again:D. I didn't choose the cabin, but given a choice it would be this one.:)

Great itinerary on the Jewel just before Xmas.

Jenny

Archived