SeaPrincess 3-11-06 Sold out?

SaltwaterTwo

Well, not all sold out but certainly all balcony cabins are sold out with eleven months to go. How come? I have checked with several big time agents and they all say the same thing. We were very fortunate to snap up the last three balcony cabins and our friends are now fifth on the wait list for a balcony cabin. My TA told me today that the price on the other cabins that are available are going up. :confused:

I was looking at that particular cruise myself. 3 weeks ago, there were a few AC mini suites left. A couple days later, they were all gone with only BE and BF balconies left. A couple days after that, all balconies were gone. Princess has obviously hit the jackpot with both the Islander and Adventurer itineraries.

~Paul

We are booked on the March 25th sailing, and we booked it 2 weeks ago while aboard the Sun......were told then that our sailing was almost sold out. Apparently it is very popular with cruisers from the UK and Europe with the 14 day itinerary making the transatlantic flight more worthwhile.

In case some do now know, for cruisers out of the UK and Europe, the itinerary is being sold as a Barbados to Barbados itinerary....and sold in North America as a FLL to FLL cruise...so....either way, while on board, some passengers will disembark midway through any itinerary....

I just checked a few websites and there are some balcony cabins left, but they are not cheap. Some agents have blocks of rooms reserved including balconies. I had a balcony reserved last week when I pre booked princess, but have since changed to an outside for a much better price.

Really liked this one so booked it in Feb and lots available at that time. But the one poster mentioned that it is being sold in the UK for a Barbados embarkation hit the nail on the head. The Jan 14th has balcony guarantee only + some insides...

Our November sailing on the Sea Princess has been just about sold out for a long time now. Maybe a few inside cabins left, but that is all. With them booking this RT from two different ports and advertising in two different countries it doesn't surprise me a bit. This looks like one great itinerary! :D

Best of Luck, I hope you find the cabin you are wanting. There might be some free up after final payment has been made if TA's are holding group space on your sailing. :confused:

We booked the 1/28/06 sailing a year out and had to settle on a guarantee cabin because of sold out cabins. We usually have our pick of cabins that far out.

We booked on the November 19/05 14 day sailing about a month ago and not much was left. Checked last week for friends and Princess advised sold out with a wait list. May be possible to find group space elsewhere but these itineraries seem to be very attractive. At the same time Celebrity is reducing their Caribbean sailings so maybe that is contributing to the early Princess bookings.

There might be some free up after final payment has been made if TA's are holding group space on your sailing

Thanks. Our TA has our friends number five on a wait list. She says of all the cruise lines Princess handles their wait list the best.

Dave (Westwind6371),

We very well may have travelled on the same ship before. We should probably try to get together for dinner before this one and talk cruising. We have other friends in Grand Ledge that we get togther with, just so we can talk cruising and not have everyone else think we're nuts. In addition, we have two other couples in the area that we travel with frequently, so if you'd like to get to know some other cruisers, we can get something planned.

You can e-mail me off list at: shoot3gun@yahoo.com

Denny

we're on the March 4th 2006 sailing Barbados to Barbados, on the British websites balconies and mini suites are available for this date, its the inner cabins that are going faster. I suppose this is because with the cost of air fare included, balcony cabins are rather expensive and personally I would rather spend money on excursions and having a good time. We were only in our cabin to sleep on our last cruise. Having said that if the upgrade fairy waved her wand I wouldn't complain!

My wife and I are booked on the Sea Jan 14th.

Out of pure curiosity what are the bookings from England like from Barbados for the 7th of Jan and the 21 of Jan?

Just thought I would ask...

John

My wife and I are booked on the Sea Jan 14th.

Out of pure curiosity what are the bookings from England like from Barbados for the 7th of Jan and the 21 of Jan?

Just thought I would ask...

John

7th January Barbados to Barbados plenty of balconies and suites available - same goes for 21st January sailing.

From way over here Jan 14th has inside only and Guarantee balcony ONLY.

All else sold VERY quickly.

Should be intersting for Princess as I think this is a first for this type of bookings. May be wrong and if so it won't be the first time... ;)

I'll be interested to know how this is going to work, incidentally 14th Jan cruise had mostly inside cabins but a few outside cabins available on the website I looked on. Last cruise I went on where we picked up passengers halfway through was a Mexican Gulf Cruise with a British travel company Thompsons although that cruise was only 7 days.

The Sea and Dawn are sisters etc.

Was on the Dawn this past Jan & it was perfect for us.

Had a great trip.

Now converting the sea which was adults only for P&O back to kids etc and adding MUTS.

Was on P&O many many years ago.

Those where the days with British crew (officers).

Oriana & Arcadia :eek:

rotti,

I was on the Oriana in '72...Dakar, Senegal to Southampton, England. Still have all the menus somewhere........the few of us that got on there were so scruffy from travelling for 3 months that the ship gave us a private dining room (with dedicated staff) so that we would not offend the other passengers.

Chrysalis

The old Oriana was a great ship. We were on it 1st time in 1964, Vancouver to San Francisco, in one of the unique court cabins.

2nd trip was Christmas '70, roundtrip to Mexican Riviera from San Francisco, in one of those convertible no facilities cabins down in the bowels of F deck.

She was a lovely ship in her day.

Archived